Drove over this on a recnt trip to spain

JV44

Can a person walk across it?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Can a person walk across it?

Den

Probably Den, I know that you can cycle over it.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Fairly sure you cant as they are worried about security and as someone else posted people throwing themselves off attached to a rubber band,We jumped over a fence at the bottom of the valley to get a shot of the support for scale will post it when my mate sends it to me.

The scale of the thing is vast and there are excelent viewing areas for photos etc,We stayed in a campsite in the valley below next to the river which was clear and we saw some very large fish that looked like chub so we will go back with the girlfriends to let them see the bridge whilst we have a fish ;) ,Its a bloody long way but well worth a look as it does take your breath away Steve.

Wasnt the architect sir Norman Foster ?.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

The guide we went with thought we were mad for driving all the way down through France into Spain to go catfishing but this was the reason.

It is the tallest road bridge in the world at 295 metres from the valley floor to the road hight and when you see it in the flesh you cannot believe that they even attempted to put a bridge across such a large deep valley.

As a feat of engineering it is one of the wonders of the modern world Steve.

I have seen a doco on the building of the bridge and it is fascinating to see the way it was done!

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Fairly sure you cant as they are worried about security and as someone else posted people throwing themselves off attached to a rubber band,We jumped over a fence at the bottom of the valley to get a shot of the support for scale will post it when my mate sends it to me.

The scale of the thing is vast and there are excelent viewing areas for photos etc,We stayed in a campsite in the valley below next to the river which was clear and we saw some very large fish that looked like chub so we will go back with the girlfriends to let them see the bridge whilst we have a fish ;) ,Its a bloody long way but well worth a look as it does take your breath away Steve.

Wasnt the architect sir Norman Foster ?.

I think that they have already prevented a potential suicide attempt and any stationary vehicles are quickly investigated. Drivers are not encouraged to stop and take photographs from the middle.

Yes, Sir norman Foster - now Baron Foster of Thames - and Michel Virlogeux designed the bridge. It really is an incredible structure though I have to say that it is higher than I want planes to fly when I am on them!

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Den, I did a bit of research, no pedestrians, but one can cycle over it.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

To be honest the view off the bridge itself is not great due to the funny wind deflector crash barrier thingys on the side,The valley underneath is the Gorge de tarn[spelling] which is stunning and for the realy adventerous they do that thing where you throw yourself off the top of the nearset mountain top above Milau strapped to an instructor with a paracute and soar over the town itself only for the brave and stupid :lol:

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Thanks Coey :) won't be walking the dog when I get to see it then :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Damn - I thought you were going to ask us to name the species of a squashed animal.

:thumbs::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!