Wingham Fish-In - Bookings are now being taken

Steve Burke

No problem, Alan.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Steve. Very kind of you. I have all the terminal tackle etc that I would need so just need to source a bivvy, 2 avon rods and I think I would need to borrow long drop bobbins as I do not have any. I wasnt thinking about the fish in when I sold my rods lol. :wallbash:

I used to have quite a few rods etc but I decided to scale down to those that were necessary such as 2x river, 1x small lake feeder, 1x trotting rod etc. Then decided that the river rods could go as I didnt need them until the new season lol. Live and learn I supppose. :D

Rik, I should be at Wingham the weekend before the AN fish in so I'll leave any gear you need with Steve or one of the Bailiffs. Just let me know; rods, reels, indicators, alarms, bivvy etc.

Unfortunately because it's so far away and I'm limited to four early summer trips it looks like I'm going to have to give the AN event a miss.

Youtube Video ->Original Video

Wooo, hopefully I can go but if not, I'd be happy to come down and help out for the weekend Steve. I've got the time booked off work any way so it seems a shame to waste it.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Every year I look at this thread and wish, and wish and wish that I could be there! It's just too far away from me as I don't drive, and I doubt that I have the skills or the tackle to do it justice, but I'd just LOVE to be there!

It sounds like a fabulous place and I can't wait to read the reports....

Good luck to anyone who gets the chance to fish it.

Janet x

We'd love to have you!

Janet, tackle's no problem as we have masses to lend out. Plus I can put you in a swim that's easily floatfished so that it'll feel more familiar. In fact most of the swims produce very well in the margins.

Plus we have someone coming from your neck of the woods, so can possibly offer you a lift. Let me know if you're interested and I'll put you in touch.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Please let me have the details Steve...I'd be happy to contribute to travelling expenses if something can be arranged with someone travelling from my neck of the woods.

I know I'm free for the Saturday and Sunday, but it all depends on the whim of my boss if I'm free for the Monday! I rather suspect not at the moment due to staffing cutbacks, so I'd need to be home on the Sunday night at the latest or I'll get put up against a wall and shot at dawn.

I've never really considered Wingham as an option before...it's always too far away and beyond my capabilities, but it would be so good just to be there!

Janet

Rik, I should be at Wingham the weekend before the AN fish in so I'll leave any gear you need with Steve or one of the Bailiffs. Just let me know; rods, reels, indicators, alarms, bivvy etc.

Unfortunately because it's so far away and I'm limited to four early summer trips it looks like I'm going to have to give the AN event a miss.

Hi Rob,

Good to hear from you. Shame you wont be able to make it. Thats great about the tackle and I really appreciate the offer. I will get my stuff together and see what I am in need of. I am set for reels. It would just be 2 avon rods and possibly alarms as far as I know at the moment. I am really kicking myself for selling my prodigys now lol. I completely forgot about wingham at the time. Its the last time I will be doing that. I will be driving back on the sunday so I could swing by your way and drop them back off for you on the way back to preston if you like.

How did the Ribble campaign go for you after our piking session? Any luck? I didnt get chance to get down much before the close season sadly or I would have got hold of you.

Rik

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

I will be driving back on the sunday so I could swing by your way and drop them back off for you on the way back to preston if you like.

How did the Ribble campaign go for you after our piking session? Any luck? I didnt get chance to get down much before the close season sadly or I would have got hold of you.

Rik

There's no need Rik you'll just make a long journey longer, believe me you'll just want to get home! You can pass them back to Steve or one of the Bailiffs I'll be down there again a couple of weeks later.

As far as the Ribble campaign went last season I didn't get the chance to go again either unfortunately due to other commitments but I'll be on there again once the Tench have spawned at Wingham. I'll catch up with you then no doubt!

There's no need Rik you'll just make a long journey longer, believe me you'll just want to get home! You can pass them back to Steve or one of the Bailiffs I'll be down there again a couple of weeks later.

As far as the Ribble campaign went last season I didn't get the chance to go again either unfortunately due to other commitments but I'll be on there again once the Tench have spawned at Wingham. I'll catch up with you then no doubt!

Ok Rob. Thanks. I will see what I need and let you know asap.

Yes no doubt I will see you down there. Sadly the honeymoon is going to get in the way of the opening day of the season though lol.

Thanks again

Rik

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk