Facts!

Tatiana G

Tatiana, if, for whatever reason, you are trying to calculate the evasion rate then I would guess atleast 25%. It is only a guess based on NO facts whatsoever.

I spoke to two youngsters this morning, they freely admitted that they only had one licence between them, and they were fishing eight rods!

I would suggest that very many three rod users only have one licence. If anyone checks then the third rod is a spod rod!

I can only guess the reason for your question. But, out of curiosity and as David asks, why do you feel a need to know?

Why should we be concerned about an evasion rate? Well, we all break the law, probably everyday, its called speeding! So why do we worry about dodgers?

Me, I just think, as sportsmen, we should all pay our fair whack.

[ 06. January 2003, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

I wonder what the evasion rate is, for any other licence which you have to buy.

TV Licence

Driving Licence

Road Fund Licence

Fire arms/shotgun licence.

In fact, what are the statistics for any other sort of payment evasion? Like tax evasion, parking payment etc. I wonder if the evasion of Angling licences, is higher proportionally, than other sorts of evasion. Or is it perhaps lower, per participant, than Tax evasion is among tax payers. I'm pretty sure it's a lot lower, than the percentage of people who don't put money in parking meters, which is also illegal.

Why do you need to know Tatania, are you doing a survey of all the types of evasion out there?

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

Hi guys, some of your were wondering why i wanted to know how many rod liscences have been bought annualy.

Im doing a fishing market report for university. A few of you guys have had questionnaires off me and helped me out greatly. If anyone else would like to help me with my project work by doing a questionnaire that would be supa. just send me an e-mail of confirmation at woodward007@aol.com

T ;o)

Have a look at the EA site - should give you most of the answers you're looking for. They had two 'blitzs' in 2002, checking licences, One over the Late May Bank Holiday involved checking nearly 8000 anglers on 740 venues - some 6.5% were found to be without a licence. A similar campaign at the start of the season (16-22 June) had an evasion rate of 5.4%

Start here

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Unfortunately, Bank Holidays seem to be the only day you will see an EA Officer round checking licences. Well, this seems to be the case where I fish.

I have had my rod licence checked twice in two years of fishing. Both times were bank holidays.

I think that if the EA were to do a few surprise visits through the year, the evasion rate may well jump from 5% to 20-25%.

Tight Lines

Chris.