Wingham Tips

Ah using good old fashioned "watercraft" isn't allowed mate! ;)

:lol: good news if you're banished to the noddy pond!

Quick point about the margins, as many of the gravel bars are long and shallow (just a couple of feet of water over them, with up to 10ft at the base), from the fishes' point of view the lake is crammed with 'margins' all over the place. Fishing the actual margins can be good, but don't ingore the other features!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never actually fished a slider. It may be something that I bring along just to get a feel for it and if my swim is quite deep I may need it anyway.

I would recommend trying to learn the slider BEFORE going to Wingham as it takes a little time to master. The slider

If you dont have time - I have learnt and still have a few problems - Use a Polaris or Loc slide float.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I would recommend trying to learn the slider BEFORE going to Wingham as it takes a little time to master. The slider

If you dont have time - I have learnt and still have a few problems - Use a Polaris or Loc slide float.

I understand all the theory behind them and have a fair idea of what to do with them but I am unsure now as to whether it is a tactic I will be using given the limited time that I am there for.

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

I understand all the theory behind them and have a fair idea of what to do with them but I am unsure now as to whether it is a tactic I will be using given the limited time that I am there for.

It does take a few sessions to master - the inventor of the weighted sliding float I taught myself by reading the article by Ian Heaps.

The slider fishing I have done has not been at range and I have used unloaded sliders which I still have not got round to modifying.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!