Interesting Weather lately

Newt

Parts of the US have Major Flooding while the UK has Massive Forest Fire problems.

Quite a Spring so far.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

err "massive" in the UK generally means a few hectares of scrub caught fire :D

i'v seen half the horizon lit up with fire its called living in a high heathland area ,perfectly natural and good for the soil ,a few animals get killed letting in the cramped ones from the edges ,good for wild life to

theres been some big ones around here you can spot the resulting lush highly populated bits a long way off ,more dangerous on upland dried out peat bogs though where recovery can take hundreds of years ,the RSPB do more harm around here than fires

as you can see very little regrowth in upland peat areas even after 70 years

http://www.peakdistrictaircrashes.co.uk/pages/homepage.htm

must be remote that alloy must be worth money today?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Parts of the US have Major Flooding while the UK has Massive Forest Fire problems.

Quite a Spring so far.

Ive just got back from southern spain and out of the 12 days i was there only 4 of them had sun , it was still warm though and plenty of big thunderstorms to enjoy in the evenings. :)

We even felt and heard what can only be described as an earth tremor for a couple of seconds and there wasnt a cloud in the sky for it to have been thunder :unsure:

Unfortunately the fires In Yorkshire WILL have been started by the STUPID kids there who really do NOT have anything better to do in the holidays!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

More Flooding Details with some indications of things to come as the river crest heads south along with more info about the "plug fuse" section of levee that the Corps of Engineers blew up.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Ive just got back from southern spain and out of the 12 days i was there only 4 of them had sun , it was still warm though and plenty of big thunderstorms to enjoy in the evenings. :)

We even felt and heard what can only be described as an earth tremor for a couple of seconds and there wasnt a cloud in the sky for it to have been thunder :unsure:

Its been nicer on the Costa Blanca, further up from you but cold at only 26c ish.

Earth tremors are common all along the Mediterranean coast.

Its been nicer on the Costa Blanca, further up from you but cold at only 26c ish.

Earth tremors are common all along the Mediterranean coast.

is it the combination of cheap beer and loose morality?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

is it the combination of cheap beer and loose morality?

Its at 1€ a pint at many of the English bars along the coast here, that where the loose morality is to be found as well to be honest.......... B):lol:

i think they go hand in hand except its not a hand and its not another hand ;)