Are These Roach?

larsagi2010

During a Carp session I decided to switch one of my rods from Strawberry Sweetcorn to a Large Cube of Luncheon Meat and almost instantly I landed 2 fish which I think may be Roach. One weighed in at 1lb 8oz the other one 2.1oz

Both certainly look like Roach at first glance, however I was looking at the mouths which seem much bigger than that of a roach. Also rather than a glitzy silver look they seem to have that slight sandy colour mixed in with the silver.

Any idea's?

Fishyies004.jpg

Fishyies003.jpg

Species Caught 2011: Mirror Carp, Barbel, Ide, Rudd, Roach, Bleak, Perch, Bream,

Species Caught 2010: Perch, Pike, Roach, Rudd, Bleak, Bream, Gudgeon, Ruffe, Ide, Tench, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Barbel, Chub, F1, Crusian Carp, Goldfish

Hard to do an exact scale count due to the light burn out but reading well over 50 which makes them much likely to be ide than roach which usually have around 42 or 43 on the lateral line.

Fantastic, thanks everyone! I have looked at some pictures of Ide and they defo fit them perfectly. The only reason I was unsure is someone on the bank said they were defo roach due to the fin colours, but I have also just noticed the eyes are not teddy bear orange like on a Roach also.

I have a couple more.....

Here we have what I believe to be a common Carp I caught of about 5lb.....

But below it is a fish which looks similar in build/shape only it is really pale?? Are these mongrels of some sort? Or do carp darken when they get a little bigger as all the pale-ish ones I catch are only about 1-2lb max?

Fishyies002.jpg

Here is the pale-ish ones..... They seem to have orange on their fins??

Fishyies001.jpg

Fishyies005.jpg

Species Caught 2011: Mirror Carp, Barbel, Ide, Rudd, Roach, Bleak, Perch, Bream,

Species Caught 2010: Perch, Pike, Roach, Rudd, Bleak, Bream, Gudgeon, Ruffe, Ide, Tench, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Barbel, Chub, F1, Crusian Carp, Goldfish

The top one seems to have no barbules leading me to believe it may be an F1. The pic below is a little blurry to tell.

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

The top one seems to have whats left of a barble but in my opinion is an f1 and the other 2 are definitly f1s , all 3 of them have the head and mouths of f1s