www.anytackle.co.uk

mike1234

I ordered a rod from here nearly a month a go and have still not received it.

After sending them a few emails and receiving no reply i decided to phone the number listed on the site which gave me the voice of the BT women telling me there was a fault.

The next day a guy answered the phone, checked up on my order and insisted it had been posted after another week i rang back and was assured again that the order is in the hands of the courier and that there is a backlog due to the bank holiday and royal wedding (i ordered the rod early April weeks before any weddings)

I have recently received another email from them telling me they are sorting out my order but still no rod.

I would advise anyone thinking of buying from them to spend an extra few quid and save yourself a lot of trouble.

I am not sure if i posting links to other forums is allowed on here but over at wsf forums a few lads having the same trouble.

anyone else had any experience with them?

After sending them a few emails and receiving no reply i decided to phone the number listed on the site which gave me the voice of the BT women telling me there was a fault.

The next day a guy answered the phone, checked up on my order and insisted it had been posted after another week i rang back and was assured again that the order is in the hands of the courier and that there is a backlog due to the bank holiday and royal wedding (i ordered the rod early April weeks before any weddings)

I have recently received another email from them telling me they are sorting out my order but still no rod.

I would advise anyone thinking of buying from them to spend an extra few quid and save yourself a lot of trouble.

I am not sure if i posting links to other forums is allowed on here but over at wsf forums a few lads having the same trouble.

Apalling service, only way to break this sort of thing is to name and shame them. good on yer

concentrate for the moment: feel. don't think.

i rang back and was assured again that the order is in the hands of the courier and that there is a backlog due to the bank holiday and royal wedding (i ordered the rod early April weeks before any weddings)

ah that old chestnut, the incompetent little weasel of a manager of a computer shop i used to work in used that one all the time. obviously different occasions like mail strikes, holidays etc etc.

it basically means they haven't sent your order out.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

just to let you lot know, i won something 3 weeks ago, still havent had it and cant get in contact with anyone. I would avoid this company at all costs!

A quick google search shows the extent of this problem, i saw one the sea fishing world where the guy sis repsonding and he was blaming, check this. THE SNOW!!!!!! He posted this only a week ago.

Edited by SpecimenSean

gone

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We thought we would point out to the forum readers Mike order was resolved once we knew of his problem. Also, Mike did have few orders beofore this one without any problems. I am sure Mike might pop in an mention the effort we went through to resolve the porblem when he remembers. Thank you Mike in advance.

{admin note: No need to repeat posts. They will not appear until a mod has approved them and we are not on 7x24. Newt}

i won a couple of bits in an auction, had problems getting through all the numbers were dead. Eventually got through and got sorted but i arranged my own parcel force collection through work.

Yes, that is true to Sean we put all of our orders on hold while the team completed your order ahead of everyone. Then your courier didn't turn up on time, and one our staff had to wait for the Manager of your courier to drive from one side of Manchester to another. Our staff always go out of their way to help despite the fact the products you bought even the best tackle shop could not offer at the same price. We hope your Tackle shop is doing well in Stockport as it's been a really nice few days. Tight lines, James

just to let you lot know, i won something 3 weeks ago, still havent had it and cant get in contact with anyone. I would avoid this company at all costs!

A quick google search shows the extent of this problem, i saw one the sea fishing world where the guy sis repsonding and he was blaming, check this. THE SNOW!!!!!! He posted this only a week ago.

Hi Sean, we are sure you must have forgot to mention the order arrived. So we will tell the forum readers on your behalf. At bit harsh to say 'I would avoid this company at all costs!' even after waiting around for your courier, and puting your order ahead of everyone else.. Whic I might add we never do and never will again!

PS: Again, you must have forgot to copy the whole post from the other forum which also included a very important word 'Xmas' when most companies get really busy, and the snow came down, Royal Mail got a back log, and it was covered in the entire Media warning customers that their gifts might not arrive in time. Also, Royal Mail tried to deliver on sundays, after 5 etc to catch up.. This created massive problems for us and many other larger mail order companies.

Clarifications are usually more effective if you don't sound a bit hostile when you post.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

To be fair Newt he's bound to feel a bit pi**ed off when folk are having a pop at his business, there were from what I've read on various forums problems with delivery and that was during the Christmas build up (nomal for the UK) and when logistical problems caused by the over abundance of snow wrecked most delivery companies schedules

From what I've also read following on from the late snow bound deliveries , all the purchases were eventually delivered on a clearance by date shipped basis which was outside the scope of the original seller

I don't have any connection to Anytackle but will gladly recieve any brown envelopes going :lol: