'A global databank could warn of natural disasters'

If world governments could turn to a central information source on natural disasters, many lives could be saved through better preparedness

Devastating natural disasters have killed close to a million people and caused billions of pounds of damage in the past few years. Despite its sophisticated technology, humanity remains hugely vulnerable to earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions and other calamities. The danger is only likely to increase, say geologists and weather experts. Earth's swelling numbers are forcing more and more people to live in geological and meteorological danger zones. As a result, death tolls are destined to rise.

In addition, human impact on the climate, which is warming relentlessly as more and more carbon dioxide is pumped into the atmosphere from cars, factories and power stations, will also worsen the problem. At higher latitudes, melting glaciers and ice sheets will modify the pressures acting on tectonic plates and volcanoes, potentially provoking more earthquakes and eruptions, while rising sea levels will leave many regions more vulnerable to hurricanes and storms.......

READ MORE....

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci

other than moving poor people to the places the rich people live could do anything but i doubt the rich (who tend to run things) would agree

to be safe in a flood high ground is best ,rich people would buy such places if they lived in the area.

in windy places the rich could afford wind proof houses rather than the sheds the poor live in etc etc

houses are cheaper to build on floodplains we still stupidly build on them here ,agriculture (where poor people work ) tends to be on low ground and cities strangely tend to be around large rivers that could flood (is it mandatory?) the rich will live in the less risky parts the poor in the worse.

killing poor people is how i presume god warns rich ones ,i'm sure every natural even is on many many computers already world wide! perhaps "someone" is disillusioned working ion a uni and wants a place to be the boss off himself?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson