URGENT - Do It Now _ Vote for Angling

Guest waterman1013

Guest moonman

Every year children are born who cannot feel pain,pressure but not pain, this is a most tragic condition, they have to be permanently watched, some have actually sat and chewed thier fingers off, amongst other things.

These children all have one thing in common they are all missing the pain gene.

I.M.O fish dont have it either, a fish has a vested interest to not feel pain.

According to yesterdays "Mirror" the antis are to screen some ads, one showing a dog hooked in the mouth and dangling from a rod.

I aint a scientist, but evidently there a one or two, who contribute to this site.

Why dont they, or some other scientist see if this "pain Gene" is present in fish?????

If it isnt, that would go a long way to shut these ANTI,S up.

As for the "fish out of water gasping for breath" argument. I wasnt aware fish had lungs to "gasp" with!!

Chris Lyons www.moonstrike.co.uk

Guest Leon Roskilly
These children all have one thing in common they are all missing the pain gene.

I.M.O fish dont have it either, a fish has a vested interest to not feel pain.[/b]

Er, it's not so much a 'gene', as the structure of the brain. The bit that lets us detect and react to pain is not present in the fish's more primitive brain.

The structure of the brain, is determined by it's geneological make-up, so your are sorta right. The gene that determines whether you develop the brain structure to detect pain isn't present!!

Tight Lines - leon

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Oi Elton

I've just found the thread of the month the only thing thats confusing is who should get the t-shirt?

Big Al for ringing Mike OR Mike for posting it on here?? confused.gif

Its a good job i didn't wait till i got your E-mail Elton cos it didn't arrive till 6:28pm

eek.gif

Right i'm off back to my fave site WWW.PETA/NEANDERTHALS/UGH.COM biggrin.giftongue.gif (not really, i heard they are very nice people especially when you roast them) biggrin.gif

------------------

you've gotta sleep sometime!

Alan (trogg) F

mailto:Alan_Dian@go-fishing.co.ukAlan_Dian@go-fishing.co.uk

Guest moonman
Originally posted by Leon Roskilly:

Er, it's not so much a 'gene', as the structure of the brain.  The bit that lets us detect and react to pain is not present in the fish's more primitive brain.

The structure of the brain, is determined by it's geneological make-up, so your are sorta right.  The gene that determines whether you develop the brain structure to detect pain isn't present!!

Tight Lines - leon    

Hi Leon,

Not getting into a debate about what is and isnt a gene.

The doctors on the documentary I saw pertaining to the children, stated quite clearly and throughout the whole programme, that the children were missing the pain gene. probably for the benefit of the lay viewer.

Are not the pain gene, and the gene that determins wether you develop the bit of the brain to enable one to feel pain, not GENES, that relate to pain? Therefore are they not pain genes?

Whatever,is this gene present in fish, if not the antis aint a leg to stand on?

This could be a useful argument, so what is the point arguing about if a gene is a gene?

Chris Lyons, www.moonstrike.co.uk

Rather coincidentally, I just received the following 'question':

"I'm researching a report about angling and with all the controversy in the

papers about hunting and the possibility of fishing being targeted next, I'd

like to ask if you believe fish feel pain and if it was proved that they do,

would you stop fishing?"

I'm not publishing the email address, but it began PETAREF@********

Now, wonder who that could have been from!

Yawn.

Elton

------------------

Anglers' Net

Keeping It Virtual...

Guest PETA H8ter

Elton

I would have replied asking them how would they feel if someone cut their genitals off, would they feel any pain, would they appreciate it? That is one of the campaigns they are trying to push at the moment with Cats. I don't like moggies much but I thought they were against any actions toward animals?