URGENT - Do It Now _ Vote for Angling

Guest waterman1013

Guest waterman1013

Days like this get the adrenalin flowing don't they? Nearly as good as fishing.

Thanks guys, you are all absolute bricks. smile.gif

Mike

Guest Ian Cresswell

I make that 1-0 folks smile.gif

Be interesting to hear what the BBC have to say about this.

It was a very loaded question anyway IMO!!!

Perhaps we should suggest that they pose questions that address some of the more radical items on the PETA agenda.

A very heartening afternoon smile.gif

Cheers,

Ian.

Guest waterman1013

Ian

I did that in my contact with them today and in my e-mail to the editor of Three Counties, see below;

"PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, has a history of running well publicised campaigns to “protect” animals. What they are not so good at is telling the truth about themselves.

Their agenda is a vegan agenda. They do not believe in any interaction between man and animals and would have us all eating vegetables to the exclusion of everything else.

If they succeed with a ban on angling they will move on to trying to get rid of family pets. They do not believe it right to keep any animal in any sort of confinement. They are a well funded pressure group and the BBC would be well advised to explore more fully the background to this organisation and those that fund it. PETA is the public face of the ALF and HSA. There may be no direct link but the same thinking is applied by extremists who bomb and burn out other human beings. The BBC by giving comfort to PETA and its campaigns is encouraging the extremists in their battles with society. You really should more carefully consider which press releases are worth a follow up and consider too the consequences of your actions as the public service broadcaster for the UK."

Mike Heylin

[This message has been edited by waterman1013 (edited 13 February 2001).]

Well Done All!!!!

Pity i missed out on the fun !!!Just got in from work so tried to vote and couldnt understand why!! Now i know why .Well done all again we must be vigalant and keep our ears and eyes open these antis will not stop until they are forced to.

tight Lines

Snowy biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Looks like you have all had a busy day!Well done to everyone for leaping on this one the net is buzzing about it.Has any one had a reply from their e-mails yet? What is the official line from the BBC about the vote and any suspected rigging? Looks to me as if the antis have made them selves look a bit stupid again.

Guest mpbdsnu

No reply here yet Budgie. However, Mike Heylin(sp) did write or faxed them and a very good letter it was too. Elton also tried to ring the Editor(?) but I'm not sure if he had any sort of reply?