URGENT - Do It Now _ Vote for Angling

Guest waterman1013

Guest Alan Pearce

Missed out on this too. Did you hear the Radio 2 debate yesterday at around 12.30 pm, between PETA's UK director and the NFA's Ken Ball. I only caught the last 10 minutes. Most of the daily papers carried a bit today about PETA's proposed national anti angling advertising campaign, looks like things will be warming up soon.

Alan.

well there i was driving to work listening to my local radio ,when what do i hear but a debate starting on angling.as i was at work i phones mike to let him know,and what happened?well what a day !it was great getting reports through the day.to all involved thanks it's nice to know we do care.and to people who ask what can we do well know we know.mike spent a lot of time on this today a day when he should of been working.as well as having dentistry that caused him some pain.so if anyone doubts his commitment to angling think again.

as for the programme i only heard a small amount but it was started by someone claiming after matches on the ouse there was 100s of dead fish ,so how can we claim to respect fish if this is what we do.this was refuted by others.

it just goes to show we have to be ready ,and to the bbc we are listening and will want answers,we all pay their licence fee.all the best big al

Guest Paul Williams

All, to those of you switching on for the first time this will all seem way out!

Big Al phoned Mike with a tip off about the Radio programme, Mike asked those of us who could to register our votes......things then started to happen!!! reading the thread will reveal more than i can...

I think we have wounded the enemy but lets not gloat (well not for to long!) they will hit back, lets be ready eh ??

Guest mpbdsnu

I have just seen this on another site - apparently an answer from bbc to one of our lads writing in:

>Thank you very much for your comments I will pass them onto 3 Counties

>Radio.

>But to answer you question of the poll, here is the answer. The poll was >so popular that it took over 20,000 entries in a little over an hour. As polls

>of this type use complicated web programming they drain a lot of system

>resources, and when 20,000 people try to use the system it copes but >pulls other parts of the BBC Site down, therefore we had to remove it.

>If it is any help at the last count I believe that 74% were against a ban.

>Once again thank you for your imput and I hope you will keep visiting BBC

>England.

Thats something at least!

Guest Ian Cresswell
Originally posted by mpbdsnu:

>If it is any help at the last count I believe that 74% were against a ban.

Hold on a minute ... who mentioned a ban here? The vote was to do with whether fishing is cruel or not.

Ian

If anyone gets through to the BBC, I'd really appreciate it if you could do me a favour - ask them why, as responsible publishers, they saw fit to remove their poxy poll without giving any reason or notification for it on their site.

I spent a working day rallying for legitimate support today, emailing thousands of my contacts. Legitimate support - not any fabricated rubbish.

As you can imagine, I now receive dozens of emails every time I log on asking where the poll has gone. Fellow anglers are visiting the site and there's no notice on there whatsoever.

Thanks, BBC. I suggest you find a more responsible webmaster for that site, even a full-time one, maybe - apparently, she'd gone home when I rang at 3.30pm today!

Best wishes,

Elton

Guest waterman1013

Spot on Ian

Ever heard of hidden agendas. Aunty may have the answer. I'll ask the DG next time he comes to Sunday lunch rolleyes.gif

Mike

Guest mpbdsnu

Ian - I found it on FishingWarehouse, and I simply copied and pasted onto here.

You are absolutely right - the question on the poll was "Is angling a cruel sport?" yes? or no?

Someone is either being stupid OR was there a hidden agenda in the programme?

Regards, Malc.

I got home too late to vote as well, and (like thousands of others) spent some time looking for the "Your Vote" section. However, well done all of you who managed to vote in time biggrin.gif

------------------

John S

john@go-fishing.co.uk