River soar fishing rights

TrevBoy

Every time I drive along the a60 over the Soar it makes me want to fish it, the narrow river looking really enticing. Here is a link to multimap - the bit I am on about is just south of this location, where the main road crosses the river.

map

Anyone know who owns the rights?

Edited by TrevBoy

Bump! Bump! ... Bump! Bump! ...hehehe

http://www.dofreefishing.co.uk/england/fre...estershire.html

http://www.levas.co.uk/content/view/37/48/

http://www.waterscape.com/canals-and-river...er-soar/fishing

I love google...hehehe

Google question river soar fishing

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Obvious but have you tries stopping and taking a walk along the river looking for signage ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Every time I drive along the a60 over the Soar it makes me want to fish it, the narrow river looking really enticing. Here is a link to multimap - the bit I am on about is just south of this location, where the main road crosses the river.

map

Anyone know who owns the rights?

i dont know how it works these days, angling has become some horrendous marketing opportunity, but back in the 'good old days' (thats the 80's for me!) i would have taken a guess that if it's under a bridge carrying a public road then there's a good chance it's E.A. owned and therefore fishable with a standard rod licence. certainly there are a few rivers i see on the train to work in exactly the same circumstances and i intend to fish them. as long as you have your rod licence with you just give it a go. the worst that can happen is that you could be told off and frankly so what

Give a man a fish and he will live for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will live forever

i dont know how it works these days, angling has become some horrendous marketing opportunity, but back in the 'good old days' (thats the 80's for me!) i would have taken a guess that if it's under a bridge carrying a public road then there's a good chance it's E.A. owned and therefore fishable with a standard rod licence. certainly there are a few rivers i see on the train to work in exactly the same circumstances and i intend to fish them. as long as you have your rod licence with you just give it a go. the worst that can happen is that you could be told off and frankly so what

erm, i would add that if you do get told off best to never fish it again without permission. thats a good way to explore though

Give a man a fish and he will live for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will live forever

all good advice, ta. now, if this blessed wind would drop.....

It's tipping down with rain as well as a good wind where I am in Suffolk at the moment but it does not look as if it will last long.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God