fitting a pre formed pond

Tyke

I have bought a pre formed pond after my old lined pond started to lose water.

The dimensions for the new pond are ,

L: 215cm

B: 170cm

D: 65cm

I: 1000l

So its fairly big!

Ive dug out the hole apart from a few odd inches here and there and have just come in for a drink and a breather as sweat is pouring off me lol.

Ive been thinking of the best way to do it and i know ill need plenty of sand to backfill it and will need a plank and spirit level to make sure its all level.

Ive had a quick search but cannot really find any usefull site on fitting pre formed ponds, does anyone have any links to some good pond sites?

Im taking before and after pics and will post them on here once its all finished.

When I did my last preformed pond, I dug out the hole, made sure that the base of the hole was level and free of pebbles/stones/flints etc and then placed the pond on this level base.

I then partly filled the pond, mainly to keep it in place while I backfilled with a mixture of 2 parts sand to 1 part seived soil. I rammed this down until I had reached the water level and then added more water....then more sand/soil..............then water etc until I had backfilled.

Pond lasted 26 years up till I moved house.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Thanks for that den, its pretty much what im doing.

Ive finally got the hole dug and got sand in for the base, ive filled it a quarter with water and seeing if it keeps level for a couple of days.

Then ill back fill it and use the hose pipe to wash the soil and sand down and help compact it down.

Suffering from hayfever so not managing to get much done with it at the mo.