Need some help in matching the hatch!

WildBrownies

Hello, i am a fairly new fly fisher, and have been doing a bit of wild loch fishing for brownies in scotland with a friend and really enjoying it. I was wondering if anybody could give me some more advice on "matching the hatch"? I know you can use a marrow spoon but i have never used one of these before, also i am not, by any means, clued up on what types of flies are around this time of season. I have had a look on the internet for hatch charts but have had no luck. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hello, i am a fairly new fly fisher, and have been doing a bit of wild loch fishing for brownies in scotland with a friend and really enjoying it. I was wondering if anybody could give me some more advice on "matching the hatch"? I know you can use a marrow spoon but i have never used one of these before, also i am not, by any means, clued up on what types of flies are around this time of season. I have had a look on the internet for hatch charts but have had no luck. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

If you look at what flies are on and around the water you will get a fair idea as to what the fish are feeding on. You only need to see the colour and size to match the hatch, you don't need to know the exact species of flies. If you don't know what flies are around general patterns such as hares ear nymphs, and wee black thingies are usually a good start point I'm told. :D

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..