Fishing in Hemel

Rem1

Hi

I hope somebody will be able to help....

I live in Boxmoor and just wondered if there were any places near Hemel Hempstead where I would be able to fish for a day or so and rent the equipment to do so? The reason being, my father, who moved to El Salvador 25 years ago, is visiting the UK in June/July this year. He used to be an enthusiastic fisherman and we both used to be members at Westbrook Mere, but when he left the UK I lost my fishing buddy and gave up the sport. It would really make his visit if we could get a days fishing in. Catching anything would just be a bonus!

Please let me know if anyone can help. Much appreciated!

Welcome to Anglers' Net. Hopefully someone will be familiar with that area.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi

I hope somebody will be able to help....

I live in Boxmoor and just wondered if there were any places near Hemel Hempstead where I would be able to fish for a day or so and rent the equipment to do so? The reason being, my father, who moved to El Salvador 25 years ago, is visiting the UK in June/July this year. He used to be an enthusiastic fisherman and we both used to be members at Westbrook Mere, but when he left the UK I lost my fishing buddy and gave up the sport. It would really make his visit if we could get a days fishing in. Catching anything would just be a bonus!

Please let me know if anyone can help. Much appreciated!

i don't know about hiring equipment but to be honest it's so cheap these days you could probably buy a rig or even two for very little, who knows you may enjoy yourself and want to do it again! as for venues, you have the gade running through the park in boxmoor, opposite the fishery inn and down a bit, the stretch on the other side, toward apsley has had me wondering for awhile now, i reckon maybe it holds some good fish.

if you don't fancy the undergrowth and cow poo you should try the same river in casio' park in watford. tend to get quite a few other anglers there and if i remember it's on a day ticket. if you know watford at all you can access the gade for free in quite a few places and it holds good fish (or at least did!). the canal in hemel, especially around the lakes in kings langley used to hold massive carp, and there used to be a famously large pike by the fishery inn that outfoxed everyone for years, but i don't know how it is these days.

the other venue that spring to mind is tring resi's. i watched a heron there eat about a 5lb tench. not a pretty sight!

anyway the river season will be open when you want to go so good luck

Give a man a fish and he will live for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will live forever