Cake crumb

last autumn i decided i'd try cake crumb as ground bait and asked here if it was any good. gave it a try yesterday and this is what i think. it's too dense and greasy to be used on its own so i mixed it with bread crumb and a touch of caramel brasem which seemed to fit the theme. when i put the first balls in i noticed that the breadcrumb clouds and the cake crumb sinks, which to my mind makes a good combination and i would guess that the cake crumb acts as a holding bait like hemp seed. obviously now the water is warmer i reckon that the oilyness is good and carries a sugary, buttery flavour

the best thing for me though was that unless i'm mistaken it pulled in the roach, which when i'm fishing the canal is what i'm trying to do, and getting through the dace is not easy.

anyway, if your lucky enough to have a girlfriend or friend that makes a lot of cakes then i would definitely give it a run as an additive to your usual ground bait

p.s. the cake need to be broken into small pieces then dried for about a week till it's crispy then blended down to crumb

Give a man a fish and he will live for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will live forever

last autumn i decided i'd try cake crumb as ground bait and asked here if it was any good. gave it a try yesterday and this is what i think. it's too dense and greasy to be used on its own so i mixed it with bread crumb and a touch of caramel brasem which seemed to fit the theme. when i put the first balls in i noticed that the breadcrumb clouds and the cake crumb sinks, which to my mind makes a good combination and i would guess that the cake crumb acts as a holding bait like hemp seed. obviously now the water is warmer i reckon that the oilyness is good and carries a sugary, buttery flavour

the best thing for me though was that unless i'm mistaken it pulled in the roach, which when i'm fishing the canal is what i'm trying to do, and getting through the dace is not easy.

anyway, if your lucky enough to have a girlfriend or friend that makes a lot of cakes then i would definitely give it a run as an additive to your usual ground bait

p.s. the cake need to be broken into small pieces then dried for about a week till it's crispy then blended down to crumb

I use Mr.Kipling Manor House cake which I always keep for at least a month before using mix a little say a teaspoonful for each 1/4 (25%) of the cake. Brilliant for Roach Sultana's also work as a good hookbait.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God