The suicidal, bad joke, mobile phone 'robbery' monring

Guest Rabbit

Guest Rabbit

This morning whist driving over a railway bridge in Bishops Cleeve near Cheltenham, I noticed a guy looking down at the tracks from the bridge, nothing to unusual in that, but something struck me a being odd, so a few yards further on I decided to do a U turn and check him out . by the time I got alongside him again he had climbed over the metal wall and was perched on the ledge with his arms behind his back holding the steel wall.

Now I knew then this guy was ready to jump, so I beeped my horn and asked him if everything was all right, like us English do... no he said, it's not and I want to kill myself. not really thinking too straight I said the next train is Sunday, so you have got a long wait, he told me to go away and let him get on with it.

Now I was panicking, so I waived down the next poor unsuspecting female motorist, and asked her to give me her mobile, poor woman later told me she thought I was robbing her, i dialed 999 and a few minutes later FIVE police cars were on the scene with at least 10 officers assisting.

But the young guy had gone from the bridge, fearing he had jumped onto the lines we all looked over the bridge fearing the worse, be he had gone, vanished. My friend the female motorist however said she had seen the same guy moments before the bridge incident almost walk into the path of a skip lorry.

Hope the fella's OK !

Edited by Rabbit

I know alot of other people that would have just walked on.

But he said he was driving so "walking on" would have been most odd, even for rabbit.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Rabbit
But he said he was driving so "walking on" would have been most odd, even for rabbit.

Can't resist it can you fella?? :2:

Rabbit you did the best you could do, at that time mate. and know one should critisise you for that!

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

What I meant was that many people wouldn't have stopped to assist, being to busy. Usually someone in that state of mind is initially looking for help - he could have done himself privately if he really wanted to- My point being, maybe just stopping to ask 'if he was alright' was enough to make the guy think someone actually cared. Many people do it because no one stopped to ask.

Suicide isn't a joke. Especially if you have lost someone to it.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

What I meant was that many people wouldn't have stopped to assist, being to busy. Usually someone in that state of mind is initially looking for help - he could have done himself privately if he really wanted to- My point being, maybe just stopping to ask 'if he was alright' was enough to make the guy think someone actually cared. Many people do it because no one stopped to ask.

Suicide isn't a joke. Especially if you have lost someone to it.

No suicide no joke. My little brother took his own life nearly twenty years ago and I can assure you all that it is not in the least bit funny. Having to watch my parents bury the son they thought would bury them was not even slightly humorous. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote