the river boys

bluezulu

I got back about 5 o clock. Was on the bank for 4am had 1 barbel and 1 chub by 4.30am then had a run of 3 eels and nothing else till about 3 o clock when I had a nice chub of about three and a half pound. It my not sound big but for the river teme in worcestershire it is probably a specimen.but the weather was very much against us. river was running very low and clear and the bright sun was the kiss off death. Saw two lampreys in the shallows, which I think were spawning. Rare sight and one that I will probably never see again. they were at least 3 feet long!

great to be back on runing water.

loved every minute of it.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

river i was on was murky to start but once the sun moved round i could see quite a bit,loads of weed springing up,i was very suprised to hook one so early thought it would be an evening job :D lamprey?3ft?>>mega pike bait

[ 16. June 2004, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: ratty46 ]

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Hi all ,

just back from the River Lune, three bites, 1st a 3oz ruffe, 2nd a 10-11lb(for me) monster bream and the third missed! Great day apart from snapping the quiver tip on my new hyperloop barbel classic.... gutted. Spoke to Awaaar who told me he had had a chub and a monster roach from the ribble, thats why I had to go this afternoon rather than the planned eve session.

Off to tackle shop in the morning to order a new tip...

Gary

your welcome to them mate, I had enough trouble trying to get the hook out of the bootlaces that I caught. Imagine sticking your finger down a lampreys throat.

Has anybody ever caught a lamprey on rod and line?

Effort equals reward!!

Gazhilla:

Great day apart from snapping the quiver tip on my new hyperloop barbel classic.... gutte

Gary

spooky i done the very same thing on my hyperloop barbel power,i think the line caught round the tip and snapped on strike,let us know how you get on with a replace meant my'ns 2 weeks old im not happy tho mr barbel did make me smile.nice bream :D thats big from any river.

fingers down lampreys throat!!eeerrrgh i can just about stand picking up dead ones and impaling them on trebels!strange sight tho i dont think ill ever see one in the wild.

[ 16. June 2004, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: ratty46 ]

AKA RATTY

Ratty 46, did you find that the line had wrapped around the eye that I think is for an isotope ?

Mine was only 3 weeks old also mate. The bream up here run to about 13lb, but still fight like bream as in no real fight, looked a monster though.

Unlucky Judy, keep trying its worth it.

Gary

quote:

I didn't catch anything went home in a wet tizzy
perhaps you should have stopped mid fish for a "Peter"

what is a tizzy? and why didnt the driver dry it :confused:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters

am I missing something whats a Peter

the driver was moi

A tizzy is akind of a strop...but a very ladylike one... :D

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

unlucky judy,theres always next week!or tommorrow...

gary

i'm going to go through my mates shop i got it from see what they say,im going to be as nice as possible and explian it happened playing a fish not me stepping on it.if that dont work ill go straight to shimano,i dont see why i cant get one for free as ill give back the broken(re-cycle it?)

if its ok with you i wil mention your rod breaking and vice-versa.i didnt notice and isotope slot tho,good job ive got th eavon section for tommorrows assault!

must give th rrod credit even with no tip i still landed the fish and the action wasnt impaired. any bream over 10 is a speci!good fish sir!

AKA RATTY