the river boys

bluezulu

Guest Ferret1959

Posted Image

Had some bream after 0700 and them bits n bobs.

Enjoyed every minute and was great to get back out there.

My mate Scott(stickfloatking on here) had this one late this afternoon.

Posted Image

This was nice to see too.

Posted Image

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.Just got back from an evening stint on the river.Dire!!,river very very low,three chub to 3lb 1oz,both my mates had one each,but very hard going,but good to be out on the bank again

chuby

Best ever start to the season for me - fished the river Ouzel in Milton Keynes, 20+ chub between 3 and 5lb and a load of bits. Fished the river from 05:00 until 15:30 then had the late afternoon/evening on MKAA's carp puddle (Wolverton Mill) and had 30+ carp (most around 8oz but 10 or so around 3lb and 4 between 5 and 6lb. Glad I chose to go for the Chub rather than Barbel this morning.

Will

gary take out the spaces,should workimage size 300 wide i was told.rest adjusts on auto.

[ 16. June 2004, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: ratty46 ]

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

just had a report submitted from my brother who has been at south Walsham (norfolk)fishing bream to 9lbs and lots of smaller bream all falling to the method. apparently he cant do no wrong and is not going home tonight as fishing is so good, oh and hes pulling a sickie from work tomorrow

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES

rickster:

just had a report submitted from my brother who has been at south Walsham (norfolk)fishing bream to 9lbs and lots of smaller bream all falling to the method. apparently he cant do no wrong and is not going home tonight as fishing is so good, oh and hes pulling a sickie from work tomorrow

thats the spirit!! :D:D go on son and may many more grace the net!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Chesters, oats as in cereals! The mind of the man !

Poor Judy! Did you have to be rescued? I have a vision of you being carried two abreast!

P.S. A 'Peter' is having Porridge for breakfast! Or it might mean your other half going to work with a smug grin on his face!

Couldn't find any indication of bream this evening, but did find two more reasonable sized pike!

[ 16. June 2004, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Had a great morning for me. Fished the Wandle near my home from 06.30 to 0.45 and caught three chub about 1 1/2 to 2lbs - best session yet. It was particularly satisfying as the swim was quite demanding for me. I had planned to fish a nice easy glide trotting and loose feeding magggots. The bad news was, when I arrived on the bank at 05.30 and started setting up I discovered that I'd left my reel at home with all the other stuff that I had decided I didn't need :( Fortunately, not being too far from home, I was able to go back and get it.

Anyway, having lost so much time from what was only going to be short session and being too lazy to walk back to my original swim I decided to go for the group of chub I had seen in a very awkward swim. The only way to cast was from a position opposite the fish. I had to kneel down and try to flick my tackle as far upstream as possible from beneath the branches of an overhanging tree. At best, I could only cast about ten feet upstream from the fish and then had to mend line and reel in to try and stay in contact with the float as it travelled back towards me in the swift current All in all I lost four hooks and a stick float but still went home a happy bunny :D

Nice to hear that others have a good start to the season.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Nurse Judy. I hope you suffer no long term effects.

Phil Davis

We don't own this world - we've only borrowed it from our children.