the river boys

bluezulu

Had a great day with my neighbour, Nick.

I had a few small pike and perch out straight away, whilst Nick was catching dace and small chub on the stick float.

Then we saw a shoal of bream and were told by a local that they patrolled the small stretch we were on. A bit of 'speculative' groundbait was thrown in by Nick on a nice open area of sand and he then winkled one out further downstream.

When we came back, the whole shoal was feeding quite merrily on the bait, in plain view!

I had one out at 6lb 1oz (it had spawned - would have been a monster otherwise!) and Nick had some healthier fighting ones out up to 5lb 9oz.

All in all, a brilliant day out :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started the season on the river Medway with a friend.

We had plenty of bream upto 5lbs until about 8am then they just went off. We also had roach (upto 1.5lb).

We had 5 carp between us including a 25lb common for my friend. My first went off down stream so fast I never even got to see it before it sliped the hook.

Just as it got light I hooked what I first thought was a carp, after playing it for about 5 mins we got out first glance of it, this being just a very quick glance we thought maybe it was a barbel. When it next suffaced we saw that it was infact a pike.

My friend had just landed one of ihis carp in the carp net so I had to use my match net to land it, now as I got it to the net I'm thinking how the hell am I going to get it in there? Luckly as I got its head in it turned and I was able to scoop it up so it was laying there with its head resting on its tail. We wighted and returned both carp and pike, the carp being my friends best river carp of 25lbs and the pike being 15lb caught on 3.6lb hook length and size 16 hook.

PETE.

Fishing in Kent and the south east. With a new look for 2003.

http://www.angelfire.com/pw/thetangler

Here (who caught this?). This is about the best I could do in 2 minutes. At least you can see you've caught something... :)

Posted Image

[ 17. June 2004, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Andy Macfarlane ]

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I had a nice 2 pound plus Ribble Roach, got a photo, will post later.

Had a couple of Chub too, before my swim was crashed by a shoal of minnows.

Really needs a clean out the Ribble, weed everywhere and not enough water running through

nice to be back on running water though :)

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

Ed Matysiak:

I was supposed to be doing an evening/night session on the river today for a big barbel or two. The clouds are dark and look like thunder so it doesnt look good. I still may go it depends on what my fishing companion thinks.

are you mad!!after days off bright sun they'll be loving the overcast,im off in a bit,an evening with boris and chevin!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

lol thats what i figured ed!i got stuck behind a new book i got today :D im going tomoorow for sure.boris n chevin can be a comdey duo i tell ya chevin's speciality is dissapearing with out a trace,like ghosts,

boris the barbel,chevin the chub,bertie the bream,terry the tench,martin the mirror,christopher the common,larry the leather,

etc it adds etertainment to my'n n my mates days fishing " i got one,what you get martin or christopher" lol :D:P

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!