Why are clubs so hard to find!

rourke7719

I've been trying to find a fishing club in the Wigan area that runs regular matches so I can get back into fishing matches again.

I've had posts on forums and I've been asking in tackle shops and nowhere seems to know of any. There seems to be a lot of clubs that are 'closed shops' and are not taking new members so what do I have to do to find a club?

Does anybody else have similar problems in other areas or is it just a Wigan thing.

No problem joining clubs in my area Rourke, have you tried going to a couple of the matches and talking to the organisers or participants ?

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

No problem joining clubs in my area Rourke, have you tried going to a couple of the matches and talking to the organisers or participants ?

Honestly that thought hadn't occurred to me, but that said, I would have to know where the clubs are having their matches in order to go to it.

I can appreciate that a lot of clubs hold matches on commercials and due to that fact (and others) membership numbers are limited so everyone can fish the matches but there must be some clubs out there accepting new members

i found this on the net hope its of help.

Wigan and District Angling Association

Official Secretary for all enquiries is via SAE.

Mr James Pigeon, 6 .St.Andrews Drive Springfield. Wigan WN6 7RQ.

Membership Secretary for general membership enquiries is, via. SAE.

Mr Kenneth Hogg, 95 Holmes Terrace Wigan WN1 2HF.

Disabled Anglers Membership coordinator to Wigan &DAA - known as SIDA.

Terry Hodgkinson 40 Edinburgh Drive Hindley Green Wigan WN2 4HL,

Disabled Anglers queries & applications are accepted at this address via return SAE.

Wigan Anglers

W Gratton

66 Balcarres Road, Aspull, Wigan WN2 1SB

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Ask in the local working mens clubs or pubs, you will probably find small angling clubs that are affiliated to Wigan AA. This is the level at which you need to start. Most of the members of this type of club are usually friendly and only too willing to give advise.

They usually do their recruiting in December or early in the new year, but you should find some that still have vacancies.

This type of club usually have a meeting every fortnight or month, try to attend because it's then that you will learn more about the match waters. In fact after a few pints there will be some that will give you advise whether you want it or not. ;)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

i found this on the net hope its of help.

Wigan and District Angling Association

Official Secretary for all enquiries is via SAE.

Mr James Pigeon, 6 .St.Andrews Drive Springfield. Wigan WN6 7RQ.

Membership Secretary for general membership enquiries is, via. SAE.

Mr Kenneth Hogg, 95 Holmes Terrace Wigan WN1 2HF.

Disabled Anglers Membership coordinator to Wigan &DAA - known as SIDA.

Terry Hodgkinson 40 Edinburgh Drive Hindley Green Wigan WN2 4HL,

Disabled Anglers queries & applications are accepted at this address via return SAE.

Wigan Anglers

W Gratton

66 Balcarres Road, Aspull, Wigan WN2 1SB

Wigan AA has matches but they are few and far between, most are matches of smaller clubs that are affiliated to wigan aa and its finding who they are