Poole Dorset Area (help needed)

Tony 1

Posted on behalf of Gary

wondered if you new anywhere me and my son could try to fish for the first time in the poole, Dorset area that would be sutible for first timers?

Regards, Gary

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

hi gary,dont know many places regarding the lakes but the two clubs that are worth joining are christchurch ac,and ringwood and district ac they control the hampshire avon,the dorset stour,throop,somerly lakes,all those waters hold very big fish of all species.hope this helps you,regards derek.

I'm the opposite side of Bournemouth from Poole and it's not my sort of fishing, but I'm sure I can think of something not too far away.

How far does Gary want to travel?

John, Not to sure, If you can put up what you have and he can decide if it is near to him. :)

[ 31. May 2005, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Tony Coley ]

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

It may be a bit of a drive but there is caravan site called Lyons Gate (it is a place on the map also) near Cerne Abbas (about a mile down ther road in fact). Stayed there for a few days the week before last and fished two of the four pools, one about 80x30 ish with two Islands inwhich I caught carp upto 10lbs or so along with small tench, roach/rudd and perch. the other 3 pools are smaller but in the one I fished for 2 hours I had bream, carp, roach and golden orfe. I fished simple waggler with maggot/corn/meat. The people are nice and it is tickets on the bank. Toilets, shop (snacks etc,) and bait tackle shop on site Do a Google for Lyons Gate Caravan and you will find them.

Parley lakes near Hurn Airport is a good place for beginners, plenty of small fish.

Sopley Lake is fairly easy for most species

Somerley Lakes at Ringwood, Vincents and Kings lakes are the ones to go for here.

Pallington Lakes near Tincleton.

Hatch Pond (near the Nuffield Estate) I think is free fishing as is Rockley Park, not sure on the small fish stocks in these.

Lots of places a bit further out in the New Forest, Orchard Lakes, Beeches Brook, Sway Lakes, Cadmans Pool.

There's also two tackle shops in the Poole area which should have information.

A C Angling

Tel: 01202 734451

Castaways

Tel: 01202 739202

Tony,

If you can put up with marines, dogs, frogmen and skinnydippers swimming through your lines, I'd reccomend the aforementioned Rockley park. :D

There are some minted tench and carp swimming in there plus a few enormous stillwater chub. It's free, or more accurately it's a free for all, but the fishing can be superb! :)

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'