Competition Rules

melpen

I fish with about 30 mates, once a month on a sunday, using competion rules, with 1st 2nd 3rd etc prizes & a league positions at steak & points awarded.

Now what happened to me has caused a bit of confusion as to what the outcome should be.

The carp was disallowed, but nobody can agree on what rule applies.

This is what happenned:-

Float slowly went under, i struck, retrieved after some 5 mins a "fishing" rod complete with reel with line attached, reeled in the line with carp attached,

The census was that as only 1 rod is allowed at some point i must of had 2 rods in the water, others disagree.

Can someone clarify pls?

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

I though that if you foul hooked a fish then it would'nt count in the weigh in but if hooked fairly in the mouth then it does.

If your fish had been hooked fairly(in the mouth) and then you hand lined in the rod and reel you would have been ok but seeing as how you fouled the line and then found a fish on the end of the gear then technically you have'nt caught it, all you've done is land a submerged rod and reel with a fish attached

Seen this many times over the years, even on Sunday chap caught a top 2 with carp attached, every time the fish as been allowed.Ive no argument with it counting.

But must ask was it your own rod that was pulled in or somebody elses.

Brian foul hooked fish count,you wouldnt get half the big weights in some matches if they didnt.

A wise man learns by a fools mistakes, a fool by his own

I was -always- taught that foul hooked fish don't count in matches. However, I only fish one or two a year, and no-one checks what you are doing, so no-one would know.

I guess it depends on your match. I'd probably count the fish (I'll be honest) unless a rule was clearly stated that it didn't count.

Now, hooking the tackle a fish is connected to?? Why not? Most matches have that 'luck' element to them somwhere...

Ian W

Rod & reel just a cheapie worth no more than £50.

rod is telescopic though

It could have only been in the water for a matter of days, cleaned up really well.

Small lake just about fitted in 32 pegs.

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.