My kitten from Amposta on the Ebro

JV44

Right thats it the diet starts tommorrow :D anyway here was my largest of the trip 78lb not large for the river but in horrible conditions it sure made my day

_dsc0001_medium1.jpg

_dsc0001_small2.jpg

will post a pic of my mates fish when he sends it to me Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

JV was that from above or below the Suspension Bridge and who is doing the guiding there these days? I used to bit of work for Ebro Fishing out of Salou but that was a few years back.

Regards

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

JV was that from above or below the Suspension Bridge and who is doing the guiding there these days? I used to bit of work for Ebro Fishing out of Salou but that was a few years back.

Regards

Tony

Taken from above the bridge and was with Graham from Tortosa who you may know he has been there eight years now i think,The leeds guys still work out of Amposta if that rings any bells ?.

Going back later in the year and hope to catch the river not in flood,One of Grahams clients took a leer fish[spelling] from not much farther downstream and for a while thought he had the rivers most energetic catfish :D .

Wanted to fish up by Xerta but the river was up about 12` there with the village of miravet flooded again so that was a no no still there is always next time.

The mullet were not in the river in numbers due to the floods its just a case of catching the river when its favourable just like anywhere else i suppose Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Taken from above the bridge and was with Graham from Tortosa who you may know he has been there eight years now i think,The leeds guys still work out of Amposta if that rings any bells ?.

Going back later in the year and hope to catch the river not in flood,One of Grahams clients took a leer fish[spelling] from not much farther downstream and for a while thought he had the rivers most energetic catfish :D .

Wanted to fish up by Xerta but the river was up about 12` there with the village of miravet flooded again so that was a no no still there is always next time.

The mullet were not in the river in numbers due to the floods its just a case of catching the river when its favourable just like anywhere else i suppose Steve.

Steve

I used to fish a swim just above the bridge (where the pumping station is), this swim appeared on an early John Wilson programme about the Ebro. This stretch used to be home to a huge shoal of Thin-lipped Mullet, which were always our favourite live or dead bait and I have long been convinced it could equal Mequinenza if someone put the hours in.

I think I met one of the Leeds lads in the Supermarket in Flix once but I can not remember the name of the company he was guiding for.

As for your next trip have you tried the weir at Tiveneys? there used to be a couple off hot swims just donwstream on the northern bank. I have also always fancied fishing a cut on the south bank of the river called the Rio Mighorn its a former arm of the Delta now cut off on the seaward side and always held good numbers of Carp and Mullet so should hold cats as well.

The Leer Fish is called a Palometa in that part of Catalonia and are regularly caught on Sardine dead baits or Lures, usually late on or at night, you also get Bluefish and Amberjack of the Delta at the right time of year, Thre is a German operation at Galaxto who used to do charters to fish for them.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Steve

I used to fish a swim just above the bridge (where the pumping station is), this swim appeared on an early John Wilson programme about the Ebro. This stretch used to be home to a huge shoal of Thin-lipped Mullet, which were always our favourite live or dead bait and I have long been convinced it could equal Mequinenza if someone put the hours in.

I think I met one of the Leeds lads in the Supermarket in Flix once but I can not remember the name of the company he was guiding for.

As for your next trip have you tried the weir at Tiveneys? there used to be a couple off hot swims just donwstream on the northern bank. I have also always fancied fishing a cut on the south bank of the river called the Rio Mighorn its a former arm of the Delta now cut off on the seaward side and always held good numbers of Carp and Mullet so should hold cats as well.

The Leer Fish is called a Palometa in that part of Catalonia and are regularly caught on Sardine dead baits or Lures, usually late on or at night, you also get Bluefish and Amberjack of the Delta at the right time of year, Thre is a German operation at Galaxto who used to do charters to fish for them.

Tony

The swims we took fish from were a slack area of water about 800 metres above the chicken plant [smelly] around Tortosa K2 i believe was the swims name and several slacks around that area .

I wanted to go to Tivenys as we had fish the last time i wenr from there and its beautiful but as i said it was flooding big time so a no go.

The mullet were not there in the numbers i remember but i think that was due to the flood conditions more than anything .

Tyrone one of the guides keeps records of all the big fish caught by him and the other guides around the Tivenys to the delta area and gets photos from the other guides to compare the fish and growth rates etc.

Now a distinctive albino[dont think there is such a thing as a albino catfish ie no red eyes] was caught at 157lb i believe that no one had seen before and the albinos as you know by there individualty are easy to recognise ,This fish may have been swimming around there all this time without ever being caught so my piont and to agree with your hunch is unlike the popular spot upstream where the fish come out on a weekly basis and are well known no one really knows whats about lower down and the growth rates of these fish suggest that before to long fish from this end will be around the mark to challenge.

The mullet shoals will ensure that they have loads of natural food and the weights dont have to be propped up artificialy ie loads and loads of pellets.

Love the place and the fact that its proper predator fishing [nothing wrong with going the pellet route just dont float my boat] and are going back in sept/oct just have not told the girlfriend yet waiting for the right time and all ^_^ .

Will spend most of the trip next time at tivenys if its not in flood again so fingers crossed Steve.