Of all the different types of coarse angling just who is the most skilful?

Guest Mark Cunnington

Guest Mark Cunnington

Come on guys, get your prejudices out, put those chips on your shoulder and tell me who is the number one coarse angler, and, if your feeling bitter, who is the most overated. Personally speaking I think that there is no higher man than the carp angler.. but I could just be winding you up or feeding you ammo!

Guest andy jack

You are not going to like this answer not very inflamitory.

Being biased I should throw the cat amongst the pigeons, and say Carp angler are the most skillfull. But I wont, how could I, have you seen the attention to detail some of those match anglers pay. Oh yes,the Bream men, and those Barbel anglers. Lets face it you cannot pick a group of anglers and ask wich is the most skillfull. Some anglers within a group will be skillfull beyond belief, others will be total empty heads.

We all chose different paths but at the end of the day we are all sharing a common bond. We should respect each others choises and get on with doing our own thing. I know you have posted this thread out of devilment,and most will enter into it light heartedly. Others will get up tight and it will all end in tears.

When it does I will have a good chuckle. biggrin.gif

Guest big al

without doubt the kid who can catch a stickleback from a river without a hook.that takes real skill as they hang on only so long, biggrin.gif cheers big al

Guest Graham E

Ok Mark. I'll play.

Without doubt the most skilful and innovative are the matchmen.

From lumps to 1 dram bits they have to fish as notified at a swim that is selected for them and catch more than the other competitors.

If you look back most tecniques have developed from the matchmans skill.

Guest Chris Shaw

This one will stir things up a bit and me a carp angler since the mid 70's.

What is skilful about sitting in a bivvie/tent for a week with three bolt rigs out with 10 kilo's of boilies scattered around waiting for an alarm to signal a hooked fish, skilful, I think not.

Puts head down and waits for the flak.

True though is'nt it.

------------------

Chris Shaw

Guest Chris Shaw
Originally posted by thecarpangler:

Upstream, dry fly on a clear chalkstream?

Hmm, I was also thinking about the trout angler who fishes for true wild trout.

------------------

Chris Shaw

Guest Gaffer
Originally posted by Chris Shaw:

What is skilful about sitting in a bivvie/tent for a week with three bolt rigs out with 10 kilo's of boilies scattered around waiting for an alarm to signal a hooked fish, skilful, I think not.

rolleyes.gif

IMO stalking for a wisely old Carp takes real skill. smile.gif

------------------

All the best,

Gaffer

Guest Scott

Who is the most skillfull, I would have to say the "all rounder" someone like John Wilson.

Anyone who can catch fish in any situation using every type of tackle has more skill than people who fish for one species.

Scott.

Ps Carp fishing, dont make me laugh 90% of them are asleep when they catch.