Of all the different types of coarse angling just who is the most skilful?

Guest Mark Cunnington

Guest Scott

"More rig variations than you could learn in a lifetime" in sea fishing.

Come on Elton this is a wind up!

From the list of skillfull anglers discount any that own a bed chair.

Scott.

Guest Bretty
Originally posted by Scott:

Who is the most skillfull, I would have to say the "all rounder" someone like John Wilson.

Anyone who can catch fish in any situation using every type of tackle has more skill than people who fish for one species.

Scott.

I agree with that bit. I believe a true all rounder is the most skilled, some one who knows a little of everything yet all of one thing!!

Mind you i don't agree with the next bit

Ps Carp fishing, dont make me laugh 90% of them are asleep when they catch.

So who are the other 10% confused.gif are they the most skilled?

Bretty smile.gif

Guest Gaffer
Originally posted by Scott:

"More rig variations than you could learn in a lifetime" in sea fishing.

Come on Elton this is a wind up!

From the list of skillfull anglers discount any that own a bed chair.

Scott.

Talking of wind ups, your last paragraph is a typical sttement from someone who has never been carp fishing!! rolleyes.gif

Fancy a go?...walk the walk and all that!

Gaffer

Guest Graham E

Got to pick Steve up on one point.(cos I'm like that!)

Given a chance of selecting a swim to catch or being given one, I know what I would have easier success from!

Let's not use this thread to have ago at carpers please. Some of them may be awake to read it. ( A Joke Lads)

Guest Chris Shaw
Originally posted by Gaffer:

I am becoming increasingly cheesed off with all of the anti-Carp stuff at the moment! mad.gif

Why are so many people against the use of mutiple rods, boilies, Bivvies etc????

I challange anyone to come and fish with me, I'd just love to see how easy they make it!!!

Not happy and had enough!

Gaffer frown.gif

Oh come on Gaffer do not take it so personal.

As you know I am a carp angler myself, I thought my post would wind someone up:P

These carp anglers exist I am afraid, we have all seen them and know who they are. They arrive at a lake with enough gear to sink a battleship, set up the bivvy/tent (first), cast out a battery of rods, fire out X amount of bait, then retire to the bivvy to sleep the rest of the day or until the alarm signals a hooked fish. I do not put you in that catagory of carp angler.

These carp anglers exist, you must have seen them yourself, as many of us have, these are the people that create answer/replies like some of these here.

I am not against multiple rods, boilies or bivvies or carp anglers, being one.

If it is of any consolation the anti carp angler feeling has been around since I can remember, it is nothing new. We used to arrive at lakes many many years ago and as you walked around you could here some under their breath saying things like "Bloody carp anglers are here again".

I have a BCSG book/annual of many years ago.

In the publication is a cartoon of a bivvy/tent a group of scruffy characters kicking a ball around and rods dancing in rests with the reels spinning. The caption under this was:

They carried on playing whilst the reel handles spun in unison.

So we can laugh at ourselves as well.

Just to finish, I think there are lots of very skilful anglers in all branches of our sport.

------------------

Chris Shaw

[This message has been edited by Chris Shaw (edited 15 March 2001).]

Guest thecarpangler

Unfortunately, some peoples views of carp anglers is taken from seeing a minority on their local water.

These are generally young 'instants'.

Not all carpers are like this, but there again, not all non-carpers slag other people off just for owning a bedchair.

Most of the people who loathe carpers have never tried it, maybe they don't want to, fine, but don't berate people for their choice just because someone on your local water hogged 'your' swim for a couple of days.

I've never freelined a slug for chub, but I wouldn't condemn anyone who has.

(Sorry about the choice but it's about the only type of fishing I haven't tried)