Tipping.

Cranfield

I sometimes wish we could stop the World and get rid of something and everyone would forget it ever existed.

Top of my list at the moment is tipping.

Otherwise known as paying someone extra money for just doing their job.

Why do we tip people ?

Some people say that waitresses etc., don''t get paid much and rely on their tips, but if we didn't tip the bosses would have to pay them higher wages, or they wouldn't get any waitresses.

Taxi drivers also expect a tip, but for what ?

Its also spreading into new areas.

I was on a charter boat the other week and the "organiser" came round collecting a tip for the Skipper (expecting £10-£20 from each of us).

We had already paid £400 between the eight of us to hire him and the boat.

I have just come home from a carvery lunch (wife is away), where I picked up an empty plate, served myself and carried it back to the table.

I finished the main course and took the dirty plate and utensils to a side table and collected a dessert, which I carried back to my table.

When I paid the bill, there was a space to add the tip.

I tipped myself £2.50, which I thought was reasonable.

I am going to start a trend and not tip anyone anymore (except myself).

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I'm not a great tipper but on occasion I will if someone has gone out of their way to help.

Carveries, heat and eat restaurants and pub meals are basically cafe food and I don't pay a tip at the local cafe so don't feel the need to there either.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Horses for Courses!! IF I felt the need to tip I would,. But I do NOT do it as a norm. And IF they stick it on the bill I will most certainly NOT pay it end of story!! Now THAT is the practice that DOES annoy me!! Simply adding say 10% to the bill! NO BLOODY WAY! Even if the name is HOSÉ!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

The bleedin' Shell garage near me has a tip bowl on the counter!!!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The bleedin' Shell garage near me has a tip bowl on the counter!!!

Our local one has as well mate......... i was a penny over on one of the very few times i used the place and when the gormless git looked away i took a 2p out of the tip bowl and put it on top of the £20, he took it and went to give me a penny change so i told him "stick it in the tips mate" :lol:

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Our local one has as well mate......... i was a penny over on one of the very few times i used the place and when the gormless git looked away i took a 2p out of the tip bowl and put it on top of the £20, he took it and went to give me a penny change so i told him "stick it in the tips mate" :lol:

Ha! Ha! Nice one :)

When I was a penny over in Maghull (Liverpool-ish), they just told me not to bother with the penny.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I'm not a great tipper but on occasion I will if someone has gone out of their way to help.

Carveries, heat and eat restaurants and pub meals are basically cafe food and I don't pay a tip at the local cafe so don't feel the need to there either.

Same here, only ever give tips if someone has gone beyond what I consider their job/service requires.

I always tip the pizza guy. I get preferential treatment and he will even drive out of the catchment area occasionally (to my place of work) for me because I always tip. I also get free extra toppings and delivery within 10 minutes if I need it, plus advance booking if I have friends over the next night. I don't abuse it too much though and I never even consider phoning anywhere else.

The guy knows my name, favourite pizzas for me and my lady, home and work addresses by heart and we swap cards at Christmas. Loyalty goes both ways.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

You seem to have a better relationship with your pizza guy, than I have with my wife.

Perhaps I should start tipping her. :sneaky2:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

my only tip is...

look both ways before crossing a road

not tight just never frequent anywhere where one can tip ,never had a pizza either

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson