New Rod

Craig Robins

Hi all

I am getting a new rod for my birthday and i want a rod as flexible as a match rod suitable for roach fishing on ponds and rivers but will be fine for big tench and carp- up to 12lb in lakes. I have a budget of no more than £30 and i would like to order it from a shop not the net. Can anyone help?

quote:

Originally posted by Craig Robins:

Hi all

I am getting a new rod for my birthday and i want a rod as flexible as a match rod suitable for roach fishing on ponds and rivers but will be fine for big tench and carp- up to 12lb in lakes. I have a budget of no more than £30 and i would like to order it from a shop not the net. Can anyone help?

Well, if you order from a shop that has to post it to you, then the postage will come out of your pretty-tight budget, so as blankedagain said, going to your nearest tackle shop(s) is the best bet. And you can haggle with them too. If they want your business, and their brains are in-gear, they should do you a good deal and y'all be happy.

You don't say zactly where you are in E Yorks so I can't point you at your nearest reliable tackle shops.

If you change your mind and do decide to order from the 'Net, why not look at the several advertisers who support this forum and without whom there would be no Forum on which to post your questions!

DG

[ 12. July 2003, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

Thanks i will i just wondered if you had any recomendations as i dont want to buy two rods- i want one that will play little fish but will have all the power to tame a 10lb plus carp or tench. I was looking at a Daiwa 13" vulcan x power match rod these are 39.99 would these be any good for carp?

Firstly let me say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I would check out some of the sponsors of this site as has been suggested, as I have looked at the websites and seen some good rods.

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Craig,

HAPPY Birthday and Many, Many MORE. Get the rod from a dealer and actually handle it. You may then ask if you are able to test it? They can only say NO!!

HOPPY

hey happy b day, same as every one else really dont buy rods of the net isnt much fun if you dont like the rod. As for makes i ahve a milo float rod which is a bit more expensive but is great for all the little fish an can also handle the bigger ones, a great rod all round. hope this helps