North West Get Together??

Gazhilla

Jay - there is a distinction between Night Fishing and Bivvying up with no lines in the water!

I'll probably go up and walk the stretch over the next couple of weeks, I'll try and speak to the farmer and see if it's OK to camp by the River.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me too...even went a bought me a Wigan DAA card in anticipation :D:D

can't wait!

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

I went up to Elston today with Awaar - you won't be dissapointed! I fished there once years ago, god only knows why I havent been back. It's well out of the way, nice and quiet and I reckon there's well over a mile of water to go at - more than enough room for us all - even if it's busy opening week. What's more it's very picturesque!

The stretch has the lot - bends, pools, glides, gravel runs, undercut banks, rafts. We saw pleanty of Chub and one or two Barbel as well.

Awaar lives nearby so will be better placed to post directions. The farmer will let you drive your car down to the river - just leave £2 on his window sill. If you're staying overnight leave a fiver, he's fine with us camping as well and we can fish up to 11pm under Wigan rules.

Who's doing the overnighter?

what a nice stretch of River, god knows why I haven't fished it before, being only a few miles from where I live.

I'll get some directions together and post them shortly

:D:D:D

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields