whos a ribble rver

fishtec1312

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think people will be queuing to give you their info on hard earned swims.

that's not what fishing is about, for me anyway. people are always enthusiastic about helping youngsters etc but when it comes to having a good ol' chat about fish, fishing for those fish etc then they clam up as if sharing that info is against the law/the end of the world. i Know what you meant regarding the 'hard earned' principle of that sentence, but surely you must see where i'm coming from with this comment.

People catching fish off the back of someone else's hard work is one of the few things that really irritates me, so I can see where Tigger's coming from here. We'll always help people but this is a different category.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

that's not what fishing is about, for me anyway. people are always enthusiastic about helping youngsters etc but when it comes to having a good ol' chat about fish, fishing for those fish etc then they clam up as if sharing that info is against the law/the end of the world. i Know what you meant regarding the 'hard earned' principle of that sentence, but surely you must see where i'm coming from with this comment.

Why on earth would anyone who's found themselves a good swim share it with strangers on the internet ? The chances are the very next time they go to fish it there'll be someone sat in the swim cockin up their session.

I often tell friends or people I like/ trust about my good spots and will even take them but there's no way I'd blab to the world about my productive spots/ swims on the internet.

Ok, havin a chat about angling practices etc is great but would you actually tell everyone about a special place ?

I'm the same as Trigger when it comes to friends and regular people I see at the lakeside, I'll help everyone out and say what tactics/baits are working if they're having a bad day and I'm not. When it comes to river fishing, which is something I'm yet to try having only started fishing in February I'd tend to keep my hard found info to myself to a degree. If I'd spent years on a particular river section and found out to the best of my ability what works on what swims and in what conditions I wouldn't want to just pass that information out willy nilly.

Started coarse fishing February last year, species so far:

Roach, Rudd, Bream, Tench, Perch, Carp, Gudgeon, Eel, Crucian and a Goldfish.

I was hoping to edit my post but I don't seem to have the ability yet. Sorry for calling you 'Trigger', Tigger.

Started coarse fishing February last year, species so far:

Roach, Rudd, Bream, Tench, Perch, Carp, Gudgeon, Eel, Crucian and a Goldfish.

Why on earth would anyone who's found themselves a good swim share it with strangers on the internet ? The chances are the very next time they go to fish it there'll be someone sat in the swim cockin up their session.

I often tell friends or people I like/ trust about my good spots and will even take them but there's no way I'd blab to the world about my productive spots/ swims on the internet.

Ok, havin a chat about angling practices etc is great but would you actually tell everyone about a special place ?

holdon ,this is going to far ,im not talking about swims,like i said on another thead .i was brought up on that river and dont need telling were to catch fish ,people working hard finding swims ,what ****s ,sit on there ass for6 hours, budgie if you ve a problem with me just say it.i was talking about the river in general not were or howyou caugh it.the swims are the same people in every yearl ,and probably the same fish,upper river smaller fish in,general ,lower river mostly bigger fish.people iv met from scotland and down south,if they asked your advice whats that **** off.i hear people say o the ribbles a snaggy river losing loads of end tackle .as long as end rig stays put and you no whats in front of you ,no problem 3ft anchore tube low rods in these conditoins,thats me

i see what you're saying, i didn't want to create any sort of argument (not that i have i hope). i understand telling people over the net about special places on a productive well known fishery/stretch of river is probably not the best idea, i was just referring to being the kind of angler who enjoys helping others and not the kind who is hostile upon meeting them on the bank, and as i'm sure you guys have, i have met my fair share of those in the past!

i am just interested in ,who,were catches ,conditoins and general chat

Round these parts that statment looks like you would like to know detailes. If i'm wrong fairplay, I'm wrong.

Regarding hard work finding swims then yeah I've sweated buckets walking and scrabbling along miles of river banks full of cover looking for decent swims to trott and to ledger. Not very often do I just go and park my arse for hours....it ain't really my scene.

I didn't realise Budgie had even posted :lol: .