Beach n boat

Snatcher

A shore bass session was well overdue for me so I duly loaded up the car and set off to a local mark. I set up with a 20g controller float and a 6" holographic sandeel on a 9' trace. Conditions were not ideal as Luce Bay was still a bit dirty from a stir up and there was quite a bit of floating weed.

Now when fishing the bay Sammy the seal normally turns up within a few minutes and true to form he was there after I had made only a few casts. To make matters worse he brought his girlfriend along with him this time. I gave it a good hour,moving along the shore after each cast. Tried a few different lures but nothing worked,also the seals kept pace with me along the shore. Would have tried a surface lure but there were too many terns and gannets flying overhead.

Decided to give it up as a bad job and headed back to the caravan. On the plus side a mate of mine from the village had invited me out as deckie on his boat the following day. I always enjoy a spin out on the "Scorpion" with Eric.

To those who do not know Drummore harbour it drains completely at low water and the mouth is badly silted up. In real terms this meant that we would get about 3/4 hours fishing in.

Met up with Eric next morning and we carefully negociated the harbour entrance. We also had David with us for company,a lad off the Clash caravan park. The Onyermarks boats were launching off Drummore beach at the same time. Took a couple of pictures of the harbour mouth as we were leaving. Not the best eh !!!

1-143.jpg

2-117.jpg

We headed out to the drop-off first and down went the mackerel lures. Into action on the first drop,a couple of joeys which I managed to shake off over the water. The mackerel really did vary in size and were thick on the ground. I had about 5 full houses.

4-85.jpg

Eric likes to drift so that was us apart from dropping the anchor for a brief 15 minute period. We all had various baits on but all that came to the boat were dogfish.

3-97.jpg

I decided to put down a tope trace - well shy bairns get nowt !!! Also put on a whole mackerel and not a flapper as I was trying to avoid the doggies. Guess what,the doggies even managed to swallow these.

5-75.jpg

As far as the catch went it was poor but as usual the craic was mint. Took this photo of the Isle on Man on the way back in.

6-68.jpg

Looking forward to the "Sharkatag" next but planning to wedge a few more fishing sessions in before then. :rolleyes:

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

That looked like a cracking day out Snatcher.

Would you mind if I copy this thread to our Gardening forum, we have a member who lives on The Isle of Man whom I sure would be interested?

That looked like a cracking day out Snatcher.

Would you mind if I copy this thread to our Gardening forum, we have a member who lives on The Isle of Man whom I sure would be interested?

Not a problem :)

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy