First day reports

Ken L

Guys. I've been stuck in an office all day and didn't get home until after 9pm and I'm disapointed not to see catch reports on the first day of the new season.

So. Who caught what from where ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Well I literally forced my self out onto the bank but should have gone to bed like I wanted to. I really can't be bothered to write much about the day as it isn't worth writing about. I only actually fished for about three hours as I simply wasn't in the mood. Anyhow all I got for my effort was a chub of about 7 ounces :rolleyes:

It was great to get home and crash into the sack :).

i sat at the gates of Aldermaston mill from about half 2 in the morning, waiting until 8am for the gates to open. as soon as the time came, the heavens opened up and i found that i'd forgotten my brolly! anywho, the fishing was a little slow and i didnt catch my barbel :( but my friend had one about 6 and a chub about five. i also had a pike that decided to attack my feeder on the way in!

Great blog entry rusty! I enjoy a good report of a days fishing, and its ten times better with pictures. Thanks

:thumbs: :thumbs:

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

i went to the Dee and targeted grayling. got two brownies first, one wild and one stocked, which got a tap on the head and smoked. taken to returning the wild ones regardless of size. one small grayling which i got to the net then it got off. grrr! still i saw it!. going after roach this eve down the canal. yay!

Give a man a fish and he will live for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will live forever

Well at least someones been out. I'm busy tomorrow but Sunday afternoon is a possible and of course, there's all next week because I'l off work - Yee Harh!

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.