Why do they do it???.

Guest Keith Finn

Oh in all fairness I should explain what I mean by the term "Ultra Cult Eliteism"-I won't make this a four page history of modern angling lesson!Suffice to say many people look down on others even anglers of the same persuassion."Hi Budgie,do you mind if I fish next to you"says the novice Piker."No problem mate" says I.He has asked this because he knows me and that I am a Pike angler too.The lad moves down the bank and sets up right opposite a Carp angler.When I ask why he has not bothered to ask his permission he answers "Because he is only fishing for Carp"Automaticly novice piker feels he is more worthy than the other angler purely as he is fishing for a different species.This happens all the time,by the way just swop the words Carp and Pike about as much as you want.The true Ultra Cult **** will even do this to another angler of the same persuassion."Why have you just cast into that blokes swim mate" I ask the lad/bloke/woman "I'm after carp/Pike/whatever"he replies."so is that bloke mate" "Ah but he is only a noddy!"So now UCA is not only a dedicated singlew species man but an expert too!DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME THIS DON'T HAPPEN.I know why this has come about and posted it before.It makes me sad.I suppose it is merely a reflection of modern day society.God help me I am turning into my mother!!Pete summed it up - sporting courtesy was expected and offered.This has got nothing to do with old values and split cane rods just simple manners.

Guest Danny H

I Apologise Budgie, I agree , For some reason I thought you were using it as

a snide remark about Lure fishing.

Now I see the context correctly, I'll shut up.

Guest Big Brother
Originally posted by thecarpangler:

But to a lesser extent so do other factions of the sport.B]

Totally agree with you, match, pleasure and specimin anglers all have their fair share of ignorant self centered people tongue.gif- all I can say is let them get on with it, they certainly wont make any friends in the process!!!

Im a mix of all three smile.gif!!

Martin

------------------

http://www.sillybait.co.uk - home of all things silly!!

Guest Chris Shaw

Trouble is when you let them get on with it as happened on a water local to me , they get want thay want the water to themselves, because everybody else buggers off. It used to be a lovely little water, bankside cover no cut swims etc. Now the covers gone, swims are cutout etc. They destroyed the place. I tell you something I have never ever seen a water with so many bailiffs. Stitched the place right up. There was no night fishing, you guessed it, except for the bailiffs and there friends, you would arrive in the morning no descent swims left, because they would get along one bank and cast across to the other, stitching up both banks.

I do not know what goes on there now have'nt been bothered to go back for three odd years.

No field of fishing needs people like this.

------------------

Chris Shaw