Fish feel pain !!!!!!!!

easternangler

Get ready to batten down the hatches again. I was contacted by BBC radio Suffolk today and ask to respond to an interview tomorrow morning. Apparently there is a new report "proving" that fish feel pain.The research was done on Rainbow Trout at universitys in Liverpool and Edinburgh. I was aware of the NFA press release in Feb this year which talked about conclusive proof that they didn't feel pain so I contacted them for advice. They were very good and faxed me their release and drafts of responses already prepared for tomorrow. The other interesting thing was that when the "no pain" info was released in Feb, they only had 4 press enquiries yet they had already had 14 today even though the report has not been released yet. What does that tell you!!! Anyway i hope I am now better prepared for the morning, anybody in the area can hear it on Radio Suffolk at 7.20 am with a response by myself at about 7.50am. I hope I don't let you all down.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a copy of this latest press release at home

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

thanks for the offer Elton but NFA were really good and faxed me the feb. release, the draft NAA press statement and copies of the actual new report so hopefully we can do the business but hearing the press response already I guess the papers will be ful of it. I understand Bruno has also had several approaches.

Too true! In fact, it's been unreal for the last 36 hours. I spent 16 hours on this yesterday, 15 so far today and it all kicks off again tomorrow.

In case anyone is interested, I have talked to 13 different BBC radio (and two BBC TV) producers/researchers today, as well as doing interviews for New Scientist and the Daily Express. First thing tomorrow I have the dubious honour of holding forth on BBC Radio Somerset (about 8.15) and then BBC Three Counties Radio (8.45), with Radio Wales, Radio Nottingham and BBC Radio Five Live all still hassling me! Where did my life go?

Easternangler - I am now going to email you the final draft (cleared) of the NAA press statement, James Rose's In-Fisherman article and my media briefing notes. If anyone else gets the call, please email me and I will send you the same.

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

I'll add it later, anyway. Have to wait a few minutes, as it has this attached to it:

EMBARGOED UNTIL 00:01am (BST) Wednesday 30 April 2003

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Bruno Broughton:

Too true! In fact, it's been unreal for the last 36 hours. I spent 16 hours on this yesterday, 15 so far today and it all kicks off again tomorrow.

In case anyone is interested, I have talked to 13 different BBC radio (and two BBC TV) producers/researchers today, as well as doing interviews for New Scientist and the Daily Express. First thing tomorrow I have the dubious honour of holding forth on BBC Radio Somerset (about 8.15) and then BBC Three Counties Radio (8.45), with Radio Wales, Radio Nottingham and BBC Radio Five Live all still hassling me! Where did my life go?

Easternangler - I am now going to email you the final draft (cleared) of the NAA press statement, James Rose's In-Fisherman article and my media briefing notes. If anyone else gets the call, please email me and I will send you the same.

Shame the BBC don't put so much effort into scheduling angling programmes, eh? :rolleyes:

like anything said by "experts" there are a equal amount that say the opposite , remember according to experts bumble bee`s cant fly if they all agreed the funding would cease , it always amazes me that "experts" get thousands of pounds to come out with "research" revealing what we have known for years (not reffering to fish) :mad: also remember that there is a flat earth society to this day :D

[ 29. April 2003, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Blow it - I cannot access your email from here, Easternangler.

If you are still up, please email me your email address and I will send everything to you. Mine is:

bruno.broughton@virgin.net

Cheers,

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'