River Arun Sewage Spill - Fish Kill

Elton

Sewage wreaks havoc on the River Arun - hundreds of fish killed

http://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news/local/...illed_1_2786582

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Its time the directors were prosecuted rather than the companies, so that we the paying customer are not penalised for their muck ups by paying off the fines with bigger bills.

Lets see the directors have all their assets confiscated and given a prison term, bet that would cause a change and lowering in the number of spillages and pollution problems we get.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

our rod licences pay to clean up this, why dont the people who caused it pay for it?

I bet the fish that will survive best is the tench.

I live opposite the Arun and had a quick walk along the stretch opposite and could see no evidence of a problem on this bit, it seems the affected stretch is just downstream. The EA acted pretty quickly so hopefully it has limited the damage and we've had a lot of rain but I don't know whether thats a good or a bad thing. and I guess it will be a while before the true extent becomes clear and that those responsible will be prosecuted and made to pay for any restocking that will be necessary.

our rod licences pay to clean up this, why dont the people who caused it pay for it?

I bet the fish that will survive best is the tench.

They don't really and they do once successfully prosecuted.

The real issue is to prevent it happening full stop! Its fine just chucking a load of fish in but once polluted the river is often dead and it takes many years (if at all) to recover. Just having fish in a river doesn't mean all is well again it simply stops the anglers moaning.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!