Urgent Advice

Craig Robins

yes many times :) but remember to use weights etc that can be used with the rod ,trying to cast a 6oz weight with a carp rod will only get a snapping noise :( as the tackle is lighter then only light weights should be needed as the line is thinner then there is less resistance to the water etc , on returning home CLEAN your kit EXTREMLY well as sea water will destroy freshwater kit in a couple of days

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

quote:

How big are the fish from the Piers or Beach.

err how long is a bit of string :)

i would use carp rod and fishing methods without the hair and use rag or lug as bait ,leave the other rods at home , you should get flatties or small fish from most venues ,not very exciting but entertaining .

as for pier fishing unless you have a drop net or access to the water you will be introuble trying to land anything :(

bite indication should be ok but keeping intouch with your bait will be a problem with any drift moving your lead , its not impossible but should catch ,it may be worth a peak in your local tackle shop for a bumper bundle ,a beachcaster and reel etc although not the best kit available still better than freshwater kit :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

See the excellent article by Mike Thrussel that Elton has just added on pier fishing at http://anglersnet.co.uk/authors/miket02.htm In particular note the bit about fishing right up close to the supports.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Craig

If you can find some rocks to fish from then I would suggest trying float fishing. Your carp rod will be well up to the job as no big casts with 5oz leads would be needed. All you will need is a large float, drilled bullet lead and suitable hooks. I've seen ready made packs in most coastal tackle shops for a couple of quid. I've had some good fun fishing this method for mackerel and garfish.

I must stress though how safety conscious you should be when fishing from rocks. Be aware of the tides and always plan an escape route just incase. If possible don't fish on your own and wear suitable footwear as the rocks can be like ice when wet.

Most important, have fun!

Ant :)

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.