Countryside Alliance Angling Forum

Peter Waller

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sslatter
H Jampton:

That is not a map reference and is nowhere in this country anyway, let alone the New Forest.

It is a map reference, and that's right, it ain't in the UK. That was the joke, that seems to have gone WAY over your head.

quote:
That place is going to be bombed very soon anyway.
So you DID get it! Well done!

quote:
Greenwich is zero longitude remember.
Errr...yesssssssss...

quote:
Now come on. Give us a map reference so that your LACS friends can sab it.

Does "O.S grid reference" jog your memory?

I'm surprised you could only be accurate to 1 M.O.A.

Well, I didn't want to make it too complicated for you, did I?

Listen mate. I have to say that I'm finding it extremely difficult to take anything that someone with the spoof name of "Hugh Jampton" says seriously, especially when he starts "flaming" such crap as you have about my "LACS friends". I don't even know what LACS is, and I'm not going to bother to look it up. Obviously means something to you, but zilch to me, apart from the fact that I assume it's some sort of anti extremist group. You can't seem to get it into your head that anyone who opposes your views is NOT necessarily a member of any "Anti" group, nor holds the same views necessarily. I'm just an ordinary angler in the middle of the two extremist opposites, who is fed up with both sides, and wants angling kept out of it, just like I wrote before. I would no more help any extremist "anti" than I would an extremist "pro". I think that both extremist views stink, and that this place should not be used as a soapbox for any extremist, and that includes you my friend.This is an angling site, and this is the Coarse Fishing thread, and my opinion is that angling and Coarse fishing are tainted by the inclusion of such views as expressed by some in this thread. In my opinion it has no place here.

Re: maps. If you meant OS grid reference then you should have said so. Cartesian coordinates are an older form of map reference and have been used as such for longer than the OS has been in existence. Ask any sailor. But all this pedantry is getting way off the thread.

So...if you've got an argument or point to make about the subject/themes of this thread, then say it.

What point is it exactly that you are struggling to make?

NB The penny drops". League Against Cruel Sports" right? LOL! Nice one!

(Now...what IS the OS grid reference for Al Hadeida?)

[ 10. March 2003, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: Graham X ]

read this again maybe just maybe it will SINK in this time!

posted 08 March, 2003 11:41 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cant beleve what im reading on this site i will "quote" craig mason .........."i am totally against the countryside alliance trying to get normal anglers like me involved in there blood sports and i think any normal angler will keep well clear of them as we don’t kill the fish we catch for the fun of it i only kill the odd trout that i catch for the table and put the rest of them back not like the countryside alliance who support barbaric so called sports like fox hunting and badger baiting i have seen the end of a fox hunt as i live in a rural area and it was disgusting so there is no way that i want to be associated with people like that".......well craig said it all you fish for FUN! ..if fox hunting is PEST CONTROL and it gets banned what chance has fishing got when it is in this case a plesure passtime how are you going to justify it you cant.......what does coarse fishing achive think about it? .NOTHING except personal plesure .........they will eat you lot alive.....WAKE UP! And now to quote Peter Waller who said...."I'd be quite happy to see foxhunting go the way of bear-baiting etc." well peter bear baiting was a sport wher animals got injured for the pleasure of man...sounds a bit like coarse fishing to me.............do the right thing support the CA and keep the future in fishing go it alone and you will sink thats it ive said my piece i wont post again thank you for your time.

y.i.s

kanny

Kanny, there is none so blind as those who won't see. I'm afraid your reposting suggests that that comment applies to you. I would suggest that you remove the point scoring from Malcom's comments to Me Vampton, read it and inwardly digest it. By and large this thread has been a well put and largely constructive one. Those of us with open minds will probably all have learnt from it, even if we have not changed our overiding opinions of the situation. It has been a discussion where opinions have been fairly expressed, and, with a few notable exceptions, opposing opinions remain respected.

in other words peter you have no clever written answers for my post and as for removing my quotes then NO WAY! i like your last post peter because it was short and said nothing insted of your usual full page that says nothing just blah blah blah!you are a small minded bigot peter ive met hundreds just like you you think you know what your talking about but your posts suggest you know nothing. i have very serious doubts about your REAL agenda in this thred.you will be correct in saying that i am firstly a hunter and secondly a fisherman but to me they are both part of the same deal.i come from a large mainly fishing family having had 2 uncles national champions and my brother was school boy national champion i myself am a ver keen lure angler we allso own and run a bait farm.i didnt come here to cause trouble nor to force my points if i get banned for what i say so be it.but what i say IS FACT! unlike your pages of dribble and theroy's its your head i see standing on your high horse nobody elses.

y.i.s

kanny

Guest sslatter

Kanny, without realising it, you have just done more than anyone to further distance the ordinary non-committed angler from your side of the argument.

Any ordinary angler must ask himself “Do I want people who have views like this to represent me and my sport? Do I want to ally myself and the sport I love with such people and their views?”

At the risk of repeating myself for the nth time, I’ll answer the “points” you make in your repeated post:

Kanny wrote: “if fox hunting is PEST CONTROL and it gets banned what chance has fishing got when it is in this case a plesure passtime how are you going to justify it you cant.......what does coarse fishing achive think about it? .NOTHING except personal plesure .........they will eat you lot alive.....WAKE UP!”

Coarse fishing does not involve the pursuit of a live animal, which is put under the most stressful condition there is: that of literally “running for its life”. At the end of this process, the animal is often ripped to pieces by the hounds before a huntsman can “humanely” kill it. And even if in every single case, the fox was killed quickly, the torture it must go through in the preceding hours of the actual hunt could only be imagined by someone who has been in the same situation: running for one’s life, knowing that if you get caught, you’re going to get ripped up and shot dead, purely to satisfy some people's "pleasure". Think about it. This is NOT a “humane” process. If the fox is a pest, there are other ways of dealing with it, as has all been covered before.

So, this whole act is carried out in the pursuit of “pleasure”. If you can’t see the difference between this and angling, well, I don’t know what to say about that. If you can’t, well, I think that says a lot about you.

“And now to quote Peter Waller who said...."I'd be quite happy to see foxhunting go the way of bear-baiting etc." well peter bear baiting was a sport wher animals got injured for the pleasure of man...”

That’s right, and so is foxhunting.

“…sounds a bit like coarse fishing to me....”

You amaze me. What sort of “coarse fishing” do you do? I shudder to think.

And to answer (again!) the "point" that we as anglers should be supporting the CA, because if we don't, we'll be next, well..IF this happens, and it's a big "IF", then I'll cross that bridge if and when it comes to it. It is NOT a valid reason for any moderate to support an extremist group and their viewpoint.

I rest my case your honour.

A quick question for all of those who claim that foxhunting is a viable and economical means of pest control:

How many man hours does it take for the average hunt to kill one fox, including all the kennel staff, grooms, huntsmen, hunt followers etc?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Graham X:

What point is it exactly that you are struggling to make?

You are saying that foxes are being bred for hunting. Just tell us where!

Hunting people do not intentionally hunt bag foxes!

Bag foxes have been used by keepers so that they are not accused of wiping out all the foxes on their patch.

corydoras:

A quick question for all of those who claim that foxhunting is a viable and economical means of pest control:

How many man hours does it take for the average hunt to kill one fox, including all the kennel staff, grooms, huntsmen, hunt followers etc?

Dont know the answer to your question, but all that work that needs doing is keeping folk in jobs. Also, hunting fox with horse and hounds is bloody good to watch, so I would imagine it is superb to take part in.