Rusty Law sods leave early to

JV44

the Rustmeister came out to see us at abingdon yesterday evening after work for a cuppa aqnd a fish wherew we had moored up ,Usual thing it starts lashing down with rain as soon as he arrives but underneath the brolly we huddled and caught a few small fish whilst cups of tea and the world were put to rights .

Missed 2 takes on the live bait rod running which left rusty with a sly grin and then late on with a takeaway calling him he left ,Now he hadnt even got to his car maybe 300mtrs away when away sails the float and a strike is met with that classic bump bump of a big perch fight ,Anyways i get to see the fish with live hanging out and hookmin mthe side of mouth and its big ...big 3 i reckon and rush of blood adrenalin exciteabality result in panic as it heads towards my backlead for the barbel rod and hookm, pulls .......

anyway on goes another and before you can say jack thingy float gone and 2lb 12oz new bait and 2lb 8oz then a string of 2s the nothing all as the light changed and most excellent fun coz after losing the biggy you keep thinking the next one is gonna be that fish no Brbel sadly but a great evening of stripey fun Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

That's a very good hit of big perch Steve, nice one. As someone who has also lost a giant Thames perch, I know how you feel about the one that got away. Hopefully next time.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

the Rustmeister came out to see us at abingdon yesterday evening after work for a cuppa aqnd a fish wherew we had moored up ,Usual thing it starts lashing down with rain as soon as he arrives but underneath the brolly we huddled and caught a few small fish whilst cups of tea and the world were put to rights .

Missed 2 takes on the live bait rod running which left rusty with a sly grin and then late on with a takeaway calling him he left ,Now he hadnt even got to his car maybe 300mtrs away when away sails the float and a strike is met with that classic bump bump of a big perch fight ,Anyways i get to see the fish with live hanging out and hookmin mthe side of mouth and its big ...big 3 i reckon and rush of blood adrenalin exciteabality result in panic as it heads towards my backlead for the barbel rod and hookm, pulls .......

anyway on goes another and before you can say jack thingy float gone and 2lb 12oz new bait and 2lb 8oz then a string of 2s the nothing all as the light changed and most excellent fun coz after losing the biggy you keep thinking the next one is gonna be that fish no Brbel sadly but a great evening of stripey fun Steve.

Sounds brilliant fun Steve, I left at the wrong time it seems. Never mind, to well and truly put the mockers on it I'll be back this evening with lobs. Any pics?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Nice one Steve, a cracking run of Perch! I would love a big Thames Perch this season, it seems like there's never been a better time to catch one. N

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Fundamentally fishing is a philosophy. A philosophy of earth, and growth, and quiet places. In it there is a rule of life, a recognition of permanences. It makes you notice the little things of nature, wherever you may be. ~Bernard Venables

Great catch Steve, Chris will have to be more patient next time and try to ingnore his hun ger pangs :lol:

Yes I will, half of yesterday's takeaway is in the fridge so there's no rush to get home tonight.

What I found interesting about yesterday was that there was no permanent cover for the perch. The boats were obviously moored up but they'll come and go, it was a wide slack stretch of the river looking just like any other featureless wide bit and on first sight it didn't seem to be an ideal perch swim. To be honest I didn't share Steve's confidence that they'd be there until the missed bites. Fingers crossed for tonight.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

so what your saying is rusty is a jinx ? ^_^

Yep sure was tonight as not a thing for me but he had a few small ones thats fishing though.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Barbel rod shot off at 11'30 last night heavy powerfull fish shot off across the river and did me underneath a line of moored up day hire boats ,it sure knew where to go and what to do.....