Rusty Law sods leave early to

JV44

Barbel rod shot off at 11'30 last night heavy powerfull fish shot off across the river and did me underneath a line of moored up day hire boats ,it sure knew where to go and what to do.....

Damn, unlucky Steve. Do you reckon it was a barbel, or a carp? The barbel are quite thin on the ground, but those that are still around tend to be big...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Damn, unlucky Steve. Do you reckon it was a barbel, or a carp? The barbel are quite thin on the ground, but those that are still around tend to be big...

There are plenty of Barbel around that bit of the island below the bridge all the way up to the weir but as you say could have just as easily been a Carp ....except for the bait which was my special attract barbel only boilies :rolleyes: .

Who knows ? but a big fish either way ,Just moored up waiting for our Friends boat to catch us up above Oxford and once again its Chublet city must be a zillion zillion of em in the river even more than Bleak maybe could they take over from Bleak as the food larder of the thames?? .

Dazzled Rusty with my pike fly fishing setr up and he had a play to after which we diduced that

[1] neither of us will win any distance fly casting trophys

[2] how mega like a fish the Flys look in the water .

Had a couple of small Perch on lives but looks a good spot for this evening with plenty of overhanging cover and features ,i had forgoten how different a beast the Thames looks up this end compared to my local bits .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

how mega like a fish the Flys look in the water

You're not kidding, for something that looks like it just fell off a Christmas tree I couldn't believe how lifelike it looked in the water.

A pleasant evening perching Steve, thanks for the hospitality. The conditions were very different from the overcast, damp and still evening on Monday though and whilst I'd always hesitate to suggest anything which might sound like an excuse on this occasion I'm going for it. The contrast was marked, Tuesday was a bright breezy evening and dusk fell an hour later than Monday, sure it got dark but the evening didn't have the same close feel to it.

Next time conditions like that are forecast I know where I'll be.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

You're not kidding, for something that looks like it just fell off a Christmas tree I couldn't believe how lifelike it looked in the water.

A pleasant evening perching Steve, thanks for the hospitality. The conditions were very different from the overcast, damp and still evening on Monday though and whilst I'd always hesitate to suggest anything which might sound like an excuse on this occasion I'm going for it. The contrast was marked, Tuesday was a bright breezy evening and dusk fell an hour later than Monday, sure it got dark but the evening didn't have the same close feel to it.

Next time conditions like that are forecast I know where I'll be.

Chris anywhere aong that whole length up to the weir mate could produce and all as far as i can fathom free and if you walk the Thames path the other way back towards Sutton pools looks to me like it aint seen an angler in years ...not sure who contols it though ,Nothing at all last night but did get a load of crays that made lunch today .

Sat here now in the witching hour light levels just dropped big time so its now or never methinks ,had a nasty moment today when the control cable to the gear box snapped just after i had shoved her into emergency reverse due to rteaching lock quicker than expected so she stayed in that gear even though i engaged forward which made it vey intersting for the boat behind ,Dont panic mr mainwaring face .There is a fox creeping around very close to the boat think he can smell the food scraps in the rubbish bin on the back but magic to watch him in the light off the windows of the boat .

The Perch rod produced nothing so its big Chub or bust with wonder paste wrapped in armamesh or a natural bait which will they prefer?? ,hoping to get to lechlade tomorrow if the RCR guy [boaty equiv of the AA] gets here and fixes the boat if not its rock up to the Pub by the bridge for a shandy or three .

Edited by JV44

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Just had to post that this sounds like brilliant fun. Out on a boat on the rivers fishing. Jealous, I am :)

Started coarse fishing February last year, species so far:

Roach, Rudd, Bream, Tench, Perch, Carp, Gudgeon, Eel, Crucian and a Goldfish.