centrepin reels

Trevor,

It's obvious you're new to Anglersnet. If you stick around for more than about a week, you'll see that you are certainly not alone!!

Pins have plenty of fans here and we spend an awful lot of time talking about it. Hopefully, we've managed to enlighten a lot to a side of angling that they can now enjoy for the first time as well.

For me, pins are also ideal in a lot of situations, from touch ledgering close in for barbel and Chub, to stickfloat fishing on the "trot". I also use them for Pike and Carp.

Ooops! that reminds me, I'm supposed to be finishing a writing piece for someone who'll no doubt be popping up real soon to give me poke about it.

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

Trevor - suggest you search the boards with "Centre Pin" you'll see it's a regular theme and that AN has it's fair share of 'pin addicts' - of which I'm one. I've got a number of them - the latest addition being a Witcher and they are simply the perfect tool for trotting. I use mine for close in work on still waters as well - and hope to christen my latest acquistition with a nice Crucian come the 16th June.

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Dunk Fairley:

Ooops! that reminds me, I'm supposed to be finishing a writing piece for someone who'll no doubt be popping up real soon to give me poke about it.

Poke poke poke poke....

I've not progressed much on my 'pin piece but I do intend to knuckle down soon and get some info into it. Watch this space.

By the way, I think I was mentioned on the Radio this morning along with this site. This is the text of an e-mail sent to me by a friend of mine...

"Morning Glenn,

I was listening to "Fisherman's Blues" on Talk Sport this morning, and this chap came on and said he had just got a Dave Swallow "pin".

He said he had gained a lot of pin info from A/Net, and that a guy on there had done a video of the Wallis cast. He wanted to know why you had said you cannot Wallis with a line guard on.

So there you go mate fame at last. I expect it will cost an arm&a leg to talk to you now"

Believe me, having tried to wallis cast for months with a line guard, when I finally met up with alan roe, one look at the reel, line guard still attached, gave him the answer. We're now in Wallis Casting heaven (OK I still have a few problems but most of the time I'm trouble free).

good to hear AN getting a mention and you spindle, there is also another internet group who are mad about pins, the internet anglers group, some members of whom I know come on here, have you been intouch with them spindle?

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

phil dean:

there is also another internet group who are mad about pins, the internet anglers group, some members of whom I know come on here, have you been intouch with them spindle?

Phil - I indoctrinated Glenn into the IAC a month or so back. He's even getting a 15 foot Harrison so that he can call himself a 'full' member :D:D

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Hello I'm Andy, I'm a Pin addict!!!!!!

:D:D:D

I own three centre-pins now, I love my new J.W.Youngs

Heritage. Smooth, smooth, smooth.........

I also enjoy my Adcock Stanton (even though it turns my fingers black). Resently I was using it on vacation in Arizona here in the USA. It's still funny to see peoples faces here, when they watch me fish. They look confused for the use of centre-pin reels here have not caught on much except for the Great lake regions. I've found Chris and Glen have been very helpful with all my questions in the past.