centrepin reels

Trevor,

Have a look at this excellent video made by Spindle Wallis Casting

Paul

Hello :)

I have not posted here before, but I am a centrepin enthusiast (user not collector) although I fish only for barbel these days.

I have written an 'article' which may be of interest to some, and have spoken to one or two AN regulars who thought it worth posting a link on AN.

For article see here

I will be at the "Three Alans Do Wallis" and will look forward to meeting new faces.

regards

paul

Paul - welcome to you. This place is getting to be a 'pin anglers hot bed. :D

Great article. I read it as one who has never even seen a centerpin and probably never will. I came away after reading with a feeling I knew quite a bit more about these strange gadgets than I did before reading.

And I removed the accidental duplicate post for you.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Paul thanks a million for the article you

suggested it has been the best read for ages

and i found it very informative, I have only

really dabbled with the pin but i find it so

different from your run of the mill reels,and

you feel you are back in the Mr crabtree era.

Thanks once again. Trevor.

I think the renaissance in 'pin fishing has less to do with a desire to re-live the days of our youth but more a realisation that - for trotting a river at least - they are quite simply the best tools for the job. There's also something of a hypnotic quality in the way a centre pin will pay out line as demanded by the flow of the stream......

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog