Top Pike Angler My Ar5e!!!!!!!!!!

Polly

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve I was refering to the question of did he have the required amount of licences.When ever multi rod tactics (good or bad use of which)are mentioned there is always a hysterical out cry about the correct ammount of rod licences.This some what muddies the issue I feel.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

A bit off subject maybe but this lark of libel etc is a bit of a joke realy.There have been several "scandels" over the years that spring to mind.The Whitehall Pike,John Cadds multi catch reports,Kevin ******** and stolen fish and John Watsons pike to name but a few.Some were proved to be guilty and paid the price others got away and made a fortune in compensation,whilst others just carried on as if nothing had happened!!!! Yes in reflection I would think twice about naming names as the laws track record in "angling slander" doesnt inspire me with to much confidence!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

quote:

Best to stick to the topic of pike safety, rather then the 'name' issue.

Once names start getting bandied about, we have no alternative than to remove the thread, unless firm evidence is provided in advance.

Not doubting anyone's integrity - just trying to avoid any upset.

first of all I'd like to remind everyone of the above, I too like the rest of you I'm sure, are iching to know who it is, but elton is quite right. This is a "public" forum and as such we have to be a little careful what we say when saying things that are likely to cause a scandal or libel....If your still in doubt then just look at kilroy silk!

secondly budgie, with the greatest respect steve randles is right we are not doing it again, but I do take your point about licences, but I think the point your are missing is the maximum no. of rod licences owned by an angler. by law is 2 making the legal number of rods used at any one time =4.

Who knows maybe the person in question reads A.N. and will think twice next time after the bashing recieved anonomously on here...after all it may not be so anonymous next time!

fat, stupid hobbit.

I have no intention of naming this guy on here. Will speak with my brother to see how he feels about talking to EA or Nunnery owner. I have heard all good stuff about the way in which the fishery is run and just wish I lived a bit closer (like Bruv) so I could join or at least add my name to the waiting list.

Wonderful fishery and the so called Big Boys of our passtime should know better. I'm sure the bailiff must have done his rounds on Sunday and therefore assume some sort of sanction must have been granted to allow this methodology.

Don't want to rock the boat too hard as it'll obviously affect Bruv's application.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

On the point of Pike safety - I went fishing for Pike with TWO rods and got a touch on my left rod, I was busy watching for a few minutes, the touch stopped and I turned my attention to both rods once more. I noticed that the right rod's line was at a different angle to how I left it so I struck and suprise suprise, a 19lb Pike and the funny thing is my alarm never went off.

Even 2 rods are difficult to control. :(:(

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

quote:

Originally posted by Elton:

é = hold down the following keys:

ctrl alt

Then press e

everydays a school day on here :D

tight lines

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

frodo_uk:

quote:

Once names start getting bandied about, we have no alternative than to remove the thread, unless firm evidence is provided in advance.

Not doubting anyone's integrity - just trying to avoid any upset.

first of all I'd like to remind everyone of the above, I too like the rest of you I'm sure, are iching to know who it is, but elton is quite right. This is a "public" forum and as such we have to be a little careful what we say when saying things that are likely to cause a scandal or libel....If your still in doubt then just look at kilroy silk!

secondly budgie, with the greatest respect steve randles is right we are not doing it again, but I do take your point about licences, but I think the point your are missing is the maximum no. of rod licences owned by an angler. by law is 2 making the legal number of rods used at any one time =4.

Who knows maybe the person in question reads A.N. and will think twice next time after the bashing recieved anonomously on here...after all it may not be so anonymous next time!

Was sort of hoping a public flogging on here might just spread to other forums etc etc and that word would get to the ears of aforementioned Big-Wig causing either a public denial or some sort of explanation for his stupidity. Hopefully he will get wind of the comments on here and put his house in order without needing to be named. Like I said "HE KNOWS WHO HE IS" and now, hopefully he'll know his actions and methods are not those of a true caring angler, especially one with a big reputation to uphold.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Peter Waller:

I somehow doubt it Polly! Some of the stars just like to know that we know that they are rule bending, its part of the fun, part of the image.

Golly-gosh, Peter, you piking types are SUCH rough boys. :rolleyes:

I'm so glad we carpers wouldn't THINK of doing such things. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Surely there's still time to repent your sins, Peter, and come over to the carp side. :D

Terry :D

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.