Top Pike Angler My Ar5e!!!!!!!!!!

Polly

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go over to the Pike & Predator Forum, its gently heating up, as you might expect of P & P.

Nev Fickling has waded in, with a clue as to who the culprit is! A piker who is famous for 'guesting'! Hadn't thought of him, thought he always fished from a boat :D !

And yours truly has been accused of 'intimating' as to who the villain really is! Have I? Reckon some folk are incorrectly reading minds!

I think I would prefer to be a "sanctimonious p***k" than a self opinionated, bighotted know it all that looks down on others as inferior.

And I'd go on them and tell them so but I can't go on at the moment.

Peter Waller:

Peter Waller:

Don't get me started on carp anglers tactics.

Why not :confused:

A very nice twenty was caught on deadbait near me the other weekend. If they'll take deads then why not lures?

I don't want to get started on this. But my club has banned boilies as a method of stopping hogging of numerous swims by individual anglers. We still have carp anglers but they're the type who see the banning of boilies as an opportunity to try something new. The problem causers left because they ran out of ideas.

Anyway, back to the main thread....Peter are you sure it's the real Nev this time?

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Wordbender:

Wordbender:

I somehow doubt it Polly! Some of the stars just like to know that we know that they are rule bending, its part of the fun, part of the image.

Golly-gosh, Peter, you piking types are SUCH rough boys. :rolleyes:

I'm so glad we carpers wouldn't THINK of doing such things. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Surely there's still time to repent your sins, Peter, and come over to the carp side. :D

Terry :D

Didn't think you carp boys had the ability to do that thinking thing!!!!!

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Polly, whomever you may be, i don't normally answer people on this type of forum who do not have the courage to post under their real names, but in this instance i will.

Firstly, i run the Nunnery Fishery at Thetford and have done now for over ten years. The angler to whom you refer seeing fishing at the Nunnery is a member of a small, ten man pike syndicate that fish two of the lakes on the complex. He has paid his money for this priviledge in the same manner as the other nine members have.

On the day to which you refer, our man was accompanied by another member of the pike syndicate, with both members fishing with three rods as i allow them to do. For a short period during the day, the other angler had left the lake in question to go and have a look at another lake on the complex, leaving our man looking after his gear. If you had taken the time to look perhaps a tad closer, you would have seen that three of the rods that our man was minding had in fact been wound in, and were not actually fishing.

Although i was not actually present at the fishery on the day in question, these events have been confirmed for me by other members of the general syndicate who were present.

I too would strongly advise you against 'naming names' over this matter. This angler has clearly not been fishing with six rods in the way that you describe on the day in question, and for you to suggest otherwise thus attacking his reputation in the public arena, is something that, from a legal angle, i would suggest you seek legal advice before doing.

One final shot if i may. I have always found in life that the most sensible course of action to follow before forming an opinion about an individual, is to at least talk to them first.In this instance, if you had in fact chosen to talk to the man first prior to critising him here, then perhaps this situation would not have arisen.

I very much hope that this will be an end to this matter, and that all participants in this thread can just get on with going fishing and enjoying themselves, rather that worrying what might or might not have happened at a small lake in Norfolk on Sunday.

Jason Davis

quote:

Originally posted by Jason Davis:

forum who do not have the courage to post under their real names

not really interested in the main debate, however...

I think you'll find it's sense, not a lack of courage, although I'd have no problem giving anyone on this forum my name...some strange people own computers...you being a police officer should be aware of this?.

tight lines - Andy Smith

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

i joined this forum because of this thread and some of the posts on it, which have been interesting to read and in some cases laughable.

Jason has probably sorted out the main issue, which has come out as incorrect in the end, but my main problem was the knocking famous anglers slant that comes over in spades. myself and Peter have debated this i the past and present and thats behind us i reckon now Pete?

my point would be, would this guy have pasted this in the first place if the angler that he thought was fishing with 6 rods was a non name angler? my feeling is that he wouldnt and that the post was deliberately sent to cause trouble. As usual the people that do this hide behind nicknames or false names, if you have such courage of conviction use your real name. as far as there being funny people that own a computer, yes there are but if we are adults then i cannot see that there is much via a computer that will hurt you.

Nugg it was me that posted the sanctamonious thread on P&P and i stand by that as some of the poster were coming over as such. i do not look down on other anglers and there are plenty out there who will back me up on that as i wil help anyone if i can, particularly beginners as should we all.

finally fenboy you reckon that you cn learn more from one day lure fishing than a month of static, what an absolute load of cobblers. you cannot lead a bottom with a lure, you cannot keep lures in certain feeding areas for long enough and on soe waters however much you may dislike the fact lures are not as effective, if you want examples i can give you them. because you enjoy a mobile approach does not make you a better angler because by dismissing certain tactics you are actually showing your limitations. a good angler will use the best tactics on the day to catch what he is after, lure fishing has its days as do all other methods. sometimes it is better to stay in one swim

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

now now mark, (welcome to AN by the way! )I read the P & P thread, and on it you stated you

would start editing your posts? :confused:

tight lines - Andy :D

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields