My Website- Fishkeeping tips.

Renrag39

Firstly, sorry Elton and Mods if this breaches any rules or etiquette. Just let me know, move it or delete it if it is.

Setting up my website as I speak and it started out as predominantly a fishing blog for my neck of the woods. Well, it escalated, I've started adding stuff that I'm interested in and have 'some' knowledge of. One of these things is fishkeeping.

I have already started on (not finished as yet) what was one of my major concerns when I first started, nearly 15 years ago, Stocking density relative to the set-up.

I want to continue with this section of my site as its the area I ahve the most experience and confidence in.

Now, not being egotistical, but I do most thiongs automatically/instinctively now (its been a long time now) and the worrying is mostly behind me, what would YOU like me to include?

Beginner fish is one I intend to cover, as is regular and periodical maintenance of substrate and various filter systems. Is there anything else pressing?

Would also appreciate feedback on my current write up of stocking density so far. If possible please. I just want it to be of help to someone who was once in my position. Any feedback at all will be greatly appreciated.

Note:

I've also tried to balance the website by keeping my advertising seperate to the information. I intend to keep this format to avoid cluttering the important stuff with my own forays into affiliate advertising. My opinion is taht if someone is looking to buy something relevant to my site they will enter the relevant pages.

Just click the link in my signature to have a look if it is of any interest to you.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Yes! Of course, thanks! Will be the next one I write. Will even have it as the first one people come to.

Cheers Steve, good call.

Renrag

Edited by Renrag39

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Thanks Corydoras, the first 2 I'd probably link as I don't want to plagiarise and I can't do better than those lists, the third however is opinion so I could do something like that too.

Renrag

You could do a 10 fish NOT to put in a community tank?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Completed the stocking density guide and also completed the nitrogen cycle explanation.

Would appreciate it if someone could have a gander and let me know how they find it. My main concern is the tone of the articles, not sure if I'm being patronising/condescending...

Many thanks to all who do so and report back with whatever conclusion they came to.

Cory, will be jotting down some 'top 10' lists soon and will probably have it under a sub heading in the fishkeeping tips section. Will let you know what I get up to as it happens.

Renrag