fisherlasses

frodo_uk

Thanks Frodo for the lovely story of your Great Grandmother.I only started fishing last year but I love it!..When I first started going I felt a bit daft and thought everyone would laugh at me, but no, I've only had good comments and advice from the other fishermen and ballifs. This winter I've been collecting more tackel and I now have a good collection :)I like the peace and quiet on the bank and to see the wildlife, I might live in a town but I'm a country girl ( Girl???) at heart :)

Thanks for the encouragement

Tight Lines

Jean

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one problem stopping more women from fishing (on ponds anyway) is the lack of basic amenities at most venues, and where there are such things, they are sometimes in such a state the only thing I want to do is throw up!

It's okay for us lads, we can just dodge behind a bush and aim at spiders, but what do the lasses do if they're cut short?

More (and cleaner) toilets please :)

Tight lines

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Definately agree with you there John, I use www.fishooked.net to pick venues to visit, and I have to say the deciding factor for location is availability of toilets for the mrs, and even then, we have been to venues where the facilities are hired and the owners do not rent over the winter period due to lack of custom, which is understandable but rather annoying when the venue is advertised as having such.

So why cant women just squat behind a bush then?

Reminds me of one night when I was giving a girl friend a lift back home.She was dying to have a pee but it was 2 in the morning and every where was closed.Eventually she couldnt wait any longer so I had to stop the carin a small layby.She got out of the car and squated behind a small bush.I couldnt help but feel a bit horny so I got out of the car crept up and put my hand between her legs.much to my supprise I felt something long and hard "god you havnt changed your sex have you" I cried,she replied "no just changed my mind Im having a sh.............."

Sorry couldnt resist it.I will go to bed now in disgrace :o

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I introduced Eileen (my wife) to angling 3 years ago. Although she is disabled she can manage to use a 7mtr pole and is quite happy fishing for tiddlers. Just when we started I only had one pole so I let her use it while I used a rod and reel (yuk!!) After catching 2 or 3 small perch she asked me for a bit of help. As I looked accross I saw a large tail come out of the water. After a decent scrap she landed a lovely 5lb Carp. And the phrases "Oh well done dear" and "Isnt that lovely" were said (yeah right)

We have also had two of the top match anglers who fish at the pond we use. (more tackle than the tackle shop and know EVRYTHING) We turned up and started fishing, they told us they had not caught anything. After 15 minutes Eileen started catching Perch, Roach,and skimmers. These guys caught nothing. Someone rang one of these chaps and with it being a small pond you could clearly hear his voice.(I think we were meant to) "No, nothing ,its dead. Some bl**dy lucky woman catching loads" 20 minutes later they packed up!!

I am very proud of Eileen and do not see why us chaps should not take our good ladies with us, not only does Eileen love fishing she loves the countryside and wildlife she sees when she goes fishing

[ 25. March 2004, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: Ian Bass ]

Thanks for the lovely story.

I started fishing about six years ago,we had had to go to having one car instead of one each,and as I needed mine for work it was going to mean that my other half would not be able to go to Denmark as usual ,so I decided to go and see what all the fuss was about.He went with a great bunch of guys and I just started fishing with them,lots of advice everyone telling me different,move your float,you will never catch anything like that etc.

It was great fun!I think they tried to put me off,but I kept comming back each year and even fished in their matches!!!Last year they got a shock when seeing my keepnet contents!!!

Then I found Anglers Net about 2 years ago. :D

I have all my own gear(often purchased after asking you guys)I take him fishing whenever I can,as his eyesight is really deteriorating quickly.We are off fishing at the weekend for a week.I shall be using my trolley for the first time,again bought after advice from AN,I have found fishing takes you to some lovely places ,you meet such nice people,well except for a few.AND flush toilets are a definate bonus.

Judy

PS

Thanks to you guys I have the confidence to go into any tackle shop and feel I can hold my own(ha ha)when asked something,rather than say as previous I haven't a clue.

So thanks guys for the help.support and friendship.

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

My mum and dad both enjoy fishing very much. My dad has fished since he was a young lad, but got my mum involved a few years ago when he retired (they are both in their sixties). As my old man is registered disabled, arranging an outing is like planning a trip up Everest, but mum gets all the gear together including bait, tackle and most importantly, food. Once there she really is quite happy to catch small roach and rudd, etc, but once in a while she'll hook into a 3 or 4 pound carp and it'll make her day.

I sometimes book a day off work midweek and take them fishing. As one of the earlier posters said, there has to be good ameneties onsite, as my dear old mum is way past crouching behind bushes. That aside, its great spending a day out with my parents, something I don't get to do very often.

Terry

Terry

Re bogs, delicate subject that. When I met my wife I was working in Chichester Harbour. Brillient mullet fishing back them. We used to go fishing with this Kiwi pair, Jon and Wyn. If Wyn wanted to relieve herself she just hoiked her jeans down and yanked her ample nether regions invitingly over the edge of the boat for all to see. No modesty that girl!! But that was the side to catch fish from after that!!

To make amends for my naughtyness last night may I make a serious sugestion.If you wish to fish a venue without toilet facilities take a bivvy and a large bucket with a lid.Easy.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

This would be nice - not only for female types but also if one angler is mobility limited and would benefit from close-by facilities

Posted Image

But the bucket with a sheet for privacy would work as well.

Posted Image

As for simply hanging parts over the side of a boat - pretty standard over here.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President