fisherlasses

frodo_uk

But some parts are prettier than others!! Most UK anglers, especially aging pikers, simply fall well below any standard of prettyness.

Seems that your portable privvy is designed for typical UK clandestine smokers. Built in sprinkler system and fire retardant structure made to withstand wind :) !

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The top is removable, should extra ventilation be needed." ROFL :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Wow its good to know that nursejudy and lancs lass arn't on there own, its seems that the fairer sex would enjoy fishing just as much as us blokes then.

If anyone remembers the original crossroads series you might like to know that(the very elegant and ladylike)noel gorden a.k.a meg mortimer used to fish with my grandma in her younger days as well.

I've been quite surprised at the amount of response to this post ...perhaps someone should give the media boys a nudge and try to promote the ladys angling section a bit more ...it seems i am not alone in my views :) :cool:

fat, stupid hobbit.

My eldest daughter is pictured in Angler's Mail, this week, and they say they'll have another picture of her in next week's issue! She's really pleased: now the younger one wants to get her picture in too, and wants to go fishing next week...

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

My wife likes her fishing and many times shes beat me. If I buy something new she has to have the same. The only trouble when we go fishing she takes everything bar the kitchen sink.

Yes her biggest gripe is about the toilets either the lack of them or the state they are in.

And you don't want hear her curse if she loses a big lump.

A wise man learns by a fools mistakes, a fool by his own

My wife took up fishing also after we were married. She will fly fish and lure fish, but I manage to get her coarse fishing once only, she caught a pound roach but declared the experience boring. Whats worse is this means all my bivy time is spent alone. :(

All four of my kids, including the two daughters, fish. I have also taken all three of my nieces fishing, some where more receptive than others admittedly.

Sonja used to come Carp fishing with me, she used to take a puzzle book but the more times she went the more time she learned about water craft and read up on the wild life she had seen. I explained how the rod/clutch/line/arm were all used to land Carp and even had her landing me on the bank side for an exercise. One day I saw that there was a fish in the area of my boilie so went off to the toilets (cleaned daily), they were a couple of hundred yards away so just left her to look after the rods. The result was her first Carp, 16lb on 8lb line, all I did when I got back was net it :D

Before I packed in the Carp and went back to sea fishing she had notched up some nice fish, best was 22lb on 8lb line and a Grass (wild) Carp of about 8lb.

My late Mother sea fished, boat and beach and had quite a lot of trophies for her efforts, funny thing was that she would gut, fillet and cook fish and use fish baits but hated putting worms

on

My sister fishes for the England ladies Fly team and does quite well, International Gold last time out :) :cool:

Boats with clean toilets and venues with decent facilities would encourage more ladies to fish.

Interesting to read that some ladies fished until they married and then never went

again :confused:

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

quote:

One day I saw that there was a fish in the area of my boilie so went off to the toilets (cleaned daily), they were a couple of hundred yards away so just left her to look after the rods. The result was her first Carp, 16lb on 8lb line, all I did when I got back was net it

Of cause you did :D:P wouldn't want to say the misses was better than you would you :P:P:P

fat, stupid hobbit.