guinness

Fishing Newbury

can anyone let me have a contact or info about any angling clubs in Newbury (berks) please?

guinness

I'm a member of Newbury AA and Thatcham AA - not got details with me ATM - will send you a PM tonight! Where abouts do you live? Both clubs put requirements on members living within a certain radius?

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

i live in basingstoke.

i am already a member of thatcham aa.

i'm now looking at newbury.

any info would be appreciated - thanks

guinness

quote:

Originally posted by guinness:

can anyone let me have a contact or info about any angling clubs in Newbury (berks) please?

I wouldn't bother, mate. The fishing's total carp down there. Small perch and that's about it. Best stay in the pub in Basingstoke

DG :D

im in the NAA, you need to live within a certain distance of newbury town centre, i think its about 12 miles. They have some brilliant lakes right by the discovery centre and some nice rivers that i havnt tried yet. Wouldnt bother with the canal to many crayfish, cyclists and barges to have much fun really, the lakes are very well kept and stocked though. theres a £5 entry fee to the club, senior permits are £40 this years the first time i have to pay for one

quote:

Originally posted by sTench:

Wouldn't bother with the canal; too many crayfish, cyclists and barges

Posted Image

DG

Chris P :

[ 13. May 2004, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

sTench:

some nice rivers that i havnt tried yet.

Why not!! :rolleyes: They've got miles of prime Kennet beats. Aldermaston, Brimpton, Colthrop, Thatcham, Widmead, Hambridge, Speen Moors - Miles of bank - worth the membership fee on thier own.

Chris

im planning on going to try them out this year, ive never caught a barbel and its been an ambition of mine for ages now. i have only been fishing for 4 years been in the NAA for 3 so i havnt got round to trying as many places as ive liked yet

sTench:

ive never caught a barbel

Fish the beats below Newbury then - rumoured to be the odd one at Speen - but this is really prime chubbing territory (plus big perch/bream/pike). Brimpton/Colthrop probably gives you the best chance to lose your barbel virginity, more fish but generally smaller (with one or two VERY notable exceptions ). Aldermaston has a better stamp of fish though it also has more signals :mad: and you should be prepared to blank more than you catch!)

Nice to have another Royals fan on the forum!!!!

Chris

Chris Plumb:

Chris Plumb:

some nice rivers that i havnt tried yet.

Why not!! :rolleyes: They've got miles of prime Kennet beats. Aldermaston, Brimpton, Colthrop, Thatcham, Widmead, Hambridge, Speen Moors - Miles of bank - worth the membership fee on their own.

Chris

Grrrrh ... I'm jealous :mad:

BTW, Chris, I have PMed you with some info I recently obtained from the Sec of RDAA

DG