Rods

davedave

Evening all,

After last time fishing i snapped the end of my leeda match rod when sinking the line float fishing, i am looking for two new rods. I know i could get the rod whipped back up and i know i only broke one rod, but i've never bought a new rod before and know that i can afford it with a part time job in want to buy two new rods. I'm looking for a carp rod, and a match rod. The carp rod for ledgering mostly, bite alarm work but occasional floater fishing, with 6lb-15lb line, and the match rod for general float fishing (so a float rod might be alright as well), with 2lb-6lb line. Preferably two piece rods.

The only three things i want from the rods are for them to be cheap (Under £20), strong and reliable. It would also have to be from amazon or ebay because my local tackle shop only sells a small amount of rods which are very expensive.

So any suggestions for a strong, cheap, reliable carp rod and a match/float rod?

Thanks in advance :)

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Ime afraid the postage on allmost any rod will make a huge hole in your budget.

The best I can sugest is to keep watching ebay in the 'nearest first' mode and hope something comes up close enough to collect but that wont give you any selection.

Does anyone on here have a good quality 2nd-hand rod or two they could help Dave out with? Something they no longer use? A better option than buying a cheap, new rod I reckon.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

These are in Angling Times a lot. Never seen one before so have no idea what there like but they are cheap.

http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/products/C...b-carp-rod.html

http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/products/R...cs-Waggler.html

Maybe there worth giving a go. I would like to think that Angling Times wouldnt endorse and advertise them so much if they were complete shite. Or would they? <_<

Has anyone used any of this gear?

Edited by SpecimenSean

gone

Thanks guys, yeh i might try the dragoncarp ones, i don't need anything fancy just a robust, strong rod that will do the job. I'm going to speak to a mate in the week, he's selling some rods so i might get something then. Will keep you informed, cheers :)

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Thanks guys, yeh i might try the dragoncarp ones, i don't need anything fancy just a robust, strong rod that will do the job. I'm going to speak to a mate in the week, he's selling some rods so i might get something then. Will keep you informed, cheers :)

hi guys i own several rods from the dragon carp stable specificly the avanti rods and they are great value for money and pretty good performers as well you cant go far wrong with there rods. plus the postage aint half bad either.

I have the avant hyperactive twin tip barbel rod and it is very good quality, recently landed a 23 1/2 lb river carp on it with no issues at all! I would imagine the rest of their rods will be of the same quality and are cheap via dragon carp

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

I have some really good value brand new carp and match rods from TFG for £25 each (over £50 each when they were current stock) but thats over your budget and the cost to send them would be at least £11 for the pair.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Just to update, thanks for the offers but i bought a two piece abu garcia meteor carp rod off my mate for a tenner this afternoon, i also bought a two pint bait box, a bankstick, two bobbins, a method feeder, a dragon match reel (are these good?) and a reel bag for 12 quid, all in all i was quite chuffed with that.

I think i can make do without the match/float rod because i already have a john wilson avon rod which is ok for float fishing.

So i just need to try out my new rod. I might christen it tomorrow on a carp pond i haven't fished yet but i bought the year ticket a few days ago.

Will let you know how i get on, thanks again, and if anyone has any info on the abu garcia meteor carp that would be great, cheers :)