Groundbait recipes

Guest darrell.cook

Guest darrell.cook

Does anyone make up their own groundbait recipes?

My mother re-vamped her kitchen,and I grabbed her old fridge/freezer and food blender.Also managed to pick up a coffee bean grinder at a boot sale for a quid.So my garage has now become a bait kitchen. biggrin.gif

All my old bait is bagged up and frozen.Today,however, I blended it all together to make a summer groundbait.

Brown and white crumb,hemp,corn,dead maggots,ground carp pellets and two part bags of "sillybait".Made best part of a bucketfull.

I thought I'd bag it and put it in the freezer.Before I do,do you think I should add anything else?I'm planning on trying it for carp and tench.

Should I add molehill soil or maybe crushed hemp.What about sweet biscuits?

Over to you guys.

Guest darrell.cook

Only just noticed Trent Barbelers thread.

What did Fudgey ask,ever made a total fool of yourself.

TB, humble apolagies,your thread is fantastic.That's what AN should be about.

Guest trent.barbeler

Daz,

Dont worry about it chap, groundbait and its uses can take up another thread easily because there are hundreds of um.

Rest assured Daz, you'll be getting some of mine. Got to go now. Keith is tapping at the glass behind my monitor!

Guest scoobs11

i would add one of three things , either molasses / hemp oil or corn steep liquer

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

Guest trent.barbeler

Daz,

Do you go fishing for tench? OK heres a good un.

What you will require to make it, is the following.

Layers Mash. Available from good pet supplies.

White Bread Crumb. Sold for fishing and available in big petfood stores.

Codlavine. Available from horse feed supliers.

Fishmeal. Available from bait dealers.

Crushed Hemp. Available from tackle dealers.

Baking powder. Available from supermarkets.

Take three pounds of Layers Mash. Add seven pounds of white Bread Crumb. To that add four pounds of fishmeal. Then add one pound of Codlavine (this stuff stinks)Now add a pound of crushed hemp. Mix all this up together. A plastic ribble bin sold in builder merchants is ideal for blending dry powders for groundbait mixes.

When this is all mixed, weigh out a pound. To this add two teaspoons of baking powder. Repeat this until all the mixed grounbait has recieved baking powder in pound units.

On the bank, any hookbait of your choice can be added when mixing. Make the groundbait moist but not wet. Damp enough so that it will roll into balls without breaking up and end up on the bottom as a ball. The crushed hemp and baking powder will make it fiz on the bottom attracting fish into the swim.

• 8 years later...

i use the floating fish sticks that you would give to your fish at home then bilz them up in a blender then a strawberrys flavouring that you can buy at co op then add it to the blized fish food then add red food colouring to it and it's very suceesful way to make it iv caught a 20lb carp on it so it works hope it helps and happy fishing :):)