Waters Closed - Foot & Mouth

Guest Elton

From Cecil Brown:

The Brook Farm waters at Stoke Golding in Leicestershire, is closed, This is held by Barwell & Earl Shilton Area Angling Club. Own members notified.

Guest gray-catchpole

Newport AA Mark powell head balif

13:30 pm wednesday 28/02/01 All Newport AA river waters are closed as of now

all other aa waters will stay open, unless the situation changes.

------------------

gray-catchpole

http://catchpole.cjb.net

From Kenneth Armstrong, Scottish Federation for Coarse Angling:

It has been recently pointed out to myself by a member of SQCAC that the angling arena should be aware of the dangers posed by this highly contagious disease.

While I am aware that there have been no confirmed cases within Scotland to date, there is however still a danger from the disease. I would recommend that any angler wishing to go fishing prior to the complete eradication of this disease should take especial care and avoid all contact with farmland.

Some of the most prolific waters are unfortunately situated either on or very close to farmland and should be avoided to prevent any contamination of either the farm or other locations that the angler may stray onto whilst fishing. This point is more important in regards the roaming anglers i.e. game anglers.

There are specific venues in mind at the moment, Endrick water, Kilbirnie loch, lower reaches of the Clyde river system, River Forth system and also both the Forth and Clyde and Union Canals. I am sure you have some venues of your own that could be added to the list.

The current outbreak should be eradicated hopefully prior to the start of the match season, but vigilance should be taken on the venues you choose to visit.

The situation is obviously more severe south of the border where anglers should be even more vigilant about where they are fishing.

I do not wish to be over cautious but if the outbreak spreads there will be very few places left for anglers to fish as most of the venues as stated above are close to or on farmland. Take care when choosing your venues and enjoy what fishing you can do.

Kenneth Armstrong

SFCA CDO

Guest Webmaster21

Graham at Catton Park would has asked if I could relay this message to you all.

Graham has spoken to all local farmers and as of yet there are no known problems in the area. Catton Park is open at present and disinfectant mats are in place at the lake ANY visitors there are urged to use them.

Anyone planning to visit Catton Park should contact Graham or Pam first on 01283 716876

Guest Vigiles

All Plymouth and District waters are closed until further notice

Also all of Plymouth Command AA waters are closed until further notice

Guest Elton

From Kenneth Walker, London Anglers Association:

FROM THE LONDON ANGLERS ASSOCIATION.

AS A FOOT AND MOUTH PRECAUTION OUR ASSOCIATION HAS FROM MONDAY 26TH FEBRUARY

CLOSED ALL IT'S FISHERIES TO MEMBERS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

WE HAVE SOUGHT ADVICE AND THE ONLY WATER WE WILL BE KEEPING OPEN TO OUR MEMBERS IS THE TOWPATH ON THE GRAND UNION CANAL AROUND LONDON.

THE ASSOCIATION BOTH OWNS AND CONTROLS FISHERIES AND FARMLAND THROUGHOUT THE

SOUTH OF ENGLAND AND DRAWS A MEMBERSHIP FROM WITHIN THAT AREA.

WE HAVE MADE THIS DECISION TO STOP THE RISK OF SPREADING FOOT AND MOUTH.

FORTUNATELY THE ANNUAL CLOSE SEASON ON RIVERS STARTS ON 14TH MARCH.

THE SITUATION WILL BE CONSTANTLY REVIEWED.

THIS WILL AFFECT OUR FISHERIES IN ALL AREAS AROUND LONDON INCLUDING THOSE IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES.

WILTSHIRE

BEDFORDSHIRE

CAMBRIDGESHIRE

KENT

ESSEX

SUFFOLK

NORFOLK

HERTFORDSHIRE

OXFORDSHIRE

BUCKINGHAMSHIRE

Guest Mark Mowbray

The Wansbeck and Cramlington Angling Club has CLOSED - BRENKLEY POND, HORTON GRANGE LAKE and MILKHOPE LAKE. These closures were requested by our landlord, Blagdon Estates, and WILL be closed until further notice! Its is VERY important that ALL members stay away as these ponds fall into the exclusion zone set up by MAFF.

For more updates goto http://www.wacac.co.uk

Guest fudgey mc fadyen

Does anyone know if Windermere is closed, im meant to be going for 4 days tomorrow.Hope someone can help. All waters in SW Scotland are still open as far as i know.